Dwyer a better option in the centres

everett

Given the modern game with 100kg centres do you think Dwyer should be moved into the centres like St Chockers have done with Beau Scott and Matt Prior?

From all reports Dwyer was a former centre turned second rower so he is use to the position. Appears to be strong in defence and can offload a ball.

I am still no 100% convinced of Ashyford as starting centre.

Dwyer's a big man…

Alot bigger than Scott or Prior.

Dwyer is a great defender, except I don't know whether he has the speed to play in the backs.

Ayshford is 95kgs and still growing. Is a gun centre and will mould to 5/8th then lock. Simmo is a wide running backrower who runs straight. Both players are of the FEW being used correctly by Sheens..

As Smeg suggested, Mataka would be a better option in the centres over Dwyer, he's quicker, also has better lateral movement from what I've seen, defends well and also checks into the 100kg club.

I don't know how Ayshford is 95kg, maybe his height helps him but he's straight up and down like a roof bolt at the moment.

Always enjoy your insightful comments Willow including your match reviews. I am happy for Mataka to play in the centres and for Dwyer to start in the second row with Payten coming off the bench with Fifita for the prop rotation.
We need someone to protect Marshall in defence as he makes so many missed tackles.

When Mataka can out run Kevin Locke then he will be quicker then Dwyer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nINVWfGN_Ec :wahoo:

@willow said:
As Smeg suggested, Mataka would be a better option in the centres over Dwyer, he's quicker, also has better lateral movement from what I've seen, defends well and also checks into the 100kg club.

I don't know how Ayshford is 95kg, maybe his height helps him but he's straight up and down like a roof bolt at the moment.

Doesn't need to prove it like that. He proved it when he beat all bar one in every speed trial the club had this year

@Kickme said:
When Mataka can out run Kevin Locke then he will be quicker then Dwyer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nINVWfGN_Ec :wahoo:

@willow said:

Dwyer was far smaller then than he is now, and Mataka has the times on the board as the second quickest behind Taumata.

Back