Easter Monday locked in?

Juro

I saw these tweets yesterday regarding the game vs Parra being locked into the calendar each year for Easter Monday.

Orange ‏@orangeemptyseat 19 hours ago
>
Hey @ANZStadium do Tigers and Eels have Easter Mon locked in again or was that a one off? EelsVBulldogs on Queens Birthday would also rock!
\

ANZ Stadium ‏@ANZStadium 19 hours ago
>
@orangeemptyseat Lock it in Seat! The @TheParraEels & @Wests_Tigers along with the @NRL & @ANZStadium are keen to make it a regular fixture.

https://twitter.com/orangeemptyseat/status/519688100239269888

Good to see, if true. Hope the NRL do the right thing and make more of these event style games. The atmosphere at ANZ stadium this year with 50k+ was great!

I was stunned to see 50,000 there this year. No idea where that came from but glad to see it. The NRL, Eels and Tigers did everything they could to make it possible for families to go. We were able to buy a family pass for 6 (2xA, 4xJ) for $20, and there was a group of 20 of us that went. We were also able to use our Tigers membership reciprocal access rights.

Would love to see it again next year.

gotta make it into a yearly event, then it'll build hype.

i know ill be able to convince the people who came with me last year to come again, and probably a few more that passed or missed out.

It really was a perfect storm for that game. The weather was sensational, both teams were travelling well, a day game, ticket prices were set right, and the Easter Show next door ensured lots of walk-ups.

Some of those conditions can be replicated every year. Hopefully this will build a reputation similar to the Anzac Day game and the crowds will be strong regardless of team form.

I assume we would get the home game next year, A 50k turnout would be a massive boost to our season crowd average. We only managed 157k over 12 home games this year.

i remember going to that game with a mate thinking it will be an extremely relaxed environment with loads of empty seats to kick back and watch the game.

didnt turn out to be quite like that.

@Juro said:
It really was a perfect storm for that game. The weather was sensational, both teams were travelling well, a day game, ticket prices were set right, and the Easter Show next door ensured lots of walk-ups.

Some of those conditions can be replicated every year. Hopefully this will build a reputation similar to the Anzac Day game and the crowds will be strong regardless of team form.

I assume we would get the home game next year, A 50k turnout would be a massive boost to our season crowd average. We only managed 157k over 12 home games this year.

Yep.
The planets aligned well & truly….or whoevers idea it was needs to be working OT for the NRL

Buying tickets to that easter game somehow put me on the Eels membership mailing list. I wonder if we were included in their membership numbers.

Back