Embarrassing moment of Footy Show

I thought it was a gee-up, but after reading Z's comment I might have to re-think.

Surely you wouldn't act like that woman did though??

@steven_tiger said:
I thought it was a gee-up, but after reading Z's comment I might have to re-think.

Surely you wouldn't act like that woman did though??

He was bumbling his way through it, he clearly nervous to me while she looked pretty nervous up on stage herself before having a brain melt and setting sail for Mexico.

Haven't watched the video, but all I can say is any boofhead who thinks that proposing marriage on THE FOOTY SHOW is a good idea deserves every misfortune that follows said proposal.

He got what he deserved. What an idiot for proposing on the Footy Show. Would there be anywhere quite so UNromantic asking your would-be wife in front a bunch of knuckeheads?

Her acting complete with OMG fingers through her hair pretty much give it away as fake

It would have been very embarrising for the couple. I don't think it was a setup. The guy looked pretty nervous about doing it on national TV and with fatty helping out and making a comment wouldn't have helped. I think she was a bit stage fright.

He looked absolutely distraught.

She looked fake. Surely she knew what he was going to say before he said it as it was telegraphed a million miles before he actually asked.

Beyond that I do not know.

I've only seen it the once so far and I genuinely thought it was a gee-up. She came across as a bad actor and he was worried about his parents _taping_ the show? I'd be more worried about my friends and family acutally seeing the thing never mind taping it. Fatty didn't seem worried about it at all.

If it was real, fair enough but it certainly didn't come across that way.

Its fake. C'mon, your kidding yourself if you think it fair dinkum.

What does the bloke do while standing on stage, straight after his girlfriend runs away after he proposes on national TV - grabs his mobile to tell his mum not to tape it! C'mon, get real.

A very poor attempt at humor - just a reminder of why I no longer watch the footy show.

@tigh said:
Its fake. C'mon, your kidding yourself if you think it fair dinkum.

What does the bloke do while standing on stage, straight after his girlfriend runs away after he proposes on national TV - grabs his mobile to tell his mum not to tape it! C'mon, get real.

A very poor attempt at humor - just a reminder of why I no longer watch the footy show.

You see people like this at the footy all the time, you know, theyre not the full quid.
He didnt look too sharp, but he looked pretty shattered.
Hilarious.
"MUM!!" :laughing:

Has to be a fake. If it was a real failed attempt, I reckon there's no way they would have played the game show 'fail' sound fx when she ran off. That just seemed a bit insensitive. However, I don't think Miss Universe was aware it was a stunt as she looked genuine towards the guy. Possibly Fatty too, as he always over acts and normally gives it away.

Publicity stunt to boost ratings, and all will be revealed as a fake next Thur

Saturday's Daily Telegraph is calling it a gee-up. They claim it was staged to wind Fatty up as he celebrated his 50th birthday during the week.

@AJ* said:
I don't think Miss Universe was aware it was a stunt as she looked genuine towards the guy.

Yeah i don't think she knew about it (If it was staged). Her reaction seemed legit.

with that acting ability they can expect a call from the producers of fat pizza, totally fake and poorly done.

now if you wanna see good acting the youtube the "fake" episode of jerry springer where 8 college students came a with a story and acting worthy of an emmy nomination

Watching Fatty and Rachael Finch they looked shocked. I reckon it was real or the 2 of them decided to put it on and shock everyone (including the panel). The Footy Show wouldn't go to that low.

http://quest-news.whereilive.com.au/lifestyle/story/footyshow-proposal-a-hoax/

That should clear it up, pretty stupid idea to be honest.

Back