Eorl Crabtree

Sabre

If we don't get Burgess, i seriously think we should take a look at this guy. He played for Huddersfield last night and looked to be exactly what we need. He is a prop, and i checked his wikipedia He is 1.98m and 114kg. I think we should try to get a player swap, and let huddersfield keep Fulton if they give us Crabtree.

Problem with Crabtree has always been fitness. He struggles in a big way.

That and his ego would not sit well with anything outside of the "big fish, little pond" situation in the ESL

he was the guy with the ponytail right? certainly went hard all game.
although if he's got any sort of ego sheens will have him dropped and playing reserves quicker than you can say i'm a supercoach and you're a nothing.

Crabtree would be a Balmain-Ryde player, at best, over here.

A = He's not close to fit enough.

B = His game is all offloads. With stronger and bigger defenders here, he'd not be able to do that. After that, he has nothing to offer.

C = No way do I want a prop with a ponytail like that. That belongs in soccer.

@cnx_tigers said:

B = His game is all offloads. With stronger and bigger defenders here, he'd not be able to do that. After that, he has nothing to offer.

Get real.

@magpiecol said:
@cnx_tigers said:

Get real.

Before last night, had you ever seen him play mate?

Notice the way no NRL clubs are chasing him?

Notice the way he couldn't play a full game last night?

Notice the way no forwards rucked it up all game, it was all side way movement?

The game over there is several levels below ours. That's "reality".

It takes a great player like Ellis to make it here. There's about 10 of them over there who could make it.

Are you serious CRX…Crabtree is a far better option than Dene & Payne show, but probadly wouldn't be the value discount buy that the Wests Tigers seem can only afford or attact

@Aladinsane said:
Are you serious CRX…Crabtree is a far better option than Dene & Payne show, but probadly wouldn't be the value discount buy that the Wests Tigers seem can only afford or attact

But if we do a swap (fulton for crabtree) i think we could get him that way.

@Aladinsane said:

Two things mate:

1\. Pommy players are on a good wicket…to get Crabtree, you'd be looking at $250 000\. He's not worth 1/4 of that.

2\. Better than Dene and Payne...mate,EVERYONE in the state comp is just about better than those two!

@Sabre said:
@Aladinsane said:

But if we do a swap (fulton for crabtree) i think we could get him that way.

Fulton said pre Wembley that he can't wait to get home.

Like most decent superleague players, he's on a long, long contract. 2013 is when he is next available I think.

actually he's off contract at the end of 2010\. I checked.

Dont want him, want a working prop like Petro or Price

ps loved the call about the pony tail, does make him look like a poofy soccer player/fan :laughing:

@Sabre said:
actually he's off contract at the end of 2010\. I checked.

You didn't check very well. Contracted until 2015

http://giantsrl.dnsupdate.co.uk/latestNews/NewsArticle.asp?Index=2864&archive=true

Latest posts

Members online

Back