Everything about our kicking game

hadds75

While every team has problems, our one problem and major problem is our kicking game. But its not just the kicks, its everything about it. The set up, the play the ball, the kick, the chase. The chase is horrible, the set up is even worse. Guys standing round the ruck with no organsiation. Ive seen the ball go to about every player in our squad on the last tackle this year at first receiver. And then when we do do a good kick (EG the Farah bomb in the 2nd half for tuquiri), the guys just dont know its on, as the chase is non existant. And the one play I ahte the most is when we go two passes on the last and then grubber. By that stage the fullback always has it covered and the winger is back too.

As well as that, if you are going to kick early, it is the easiest time to kick, but gee if you are going to kick early you need to make use of it The one thing as well is I dont think Lui solves our kicking issues… is it somthing to think about?

A credit to Farah whose long kicking game, was the best from a Tiger ive ever seen.

Our chase is a real worry…no pressure and a staggered line....must work on it.

5th tackle set ups when on attach still need work.

But by and large the kicking was improved tonight, and the chase was better too - moving up as a line much of the time (eg, that 78th minute chase to shut Preston down).

Overall though, kicking game was much improved tonight and the only thing that kept us in the contest in the first half.

Totally agree about set up though - something to work on, especially when inside the 20 on the 5th - we need some plays to generate repeat sets instead of just trying to score every set.

i thought our kicking game was good tonight. Lawrence put a good kick in in the first half, and other than a few of the shorter ones being dodgy most of them were good

agree, best long kicking game. farah good short kicking game. benji's short kicking is horrible atm

@benjibrotown said:
I honestly think that was our best long kicking game of the year bar none.

I agree. It is a game of footy - not every kick will be perfect. It wasn't at SOO so I don't expect it to be at club level.

We put in plenty of good kicks. I think Benji's & Robbie's kicking games won us the game.

Only watched 40 mins at the pub but the kicking game was the best I have seen in a long time. How bad was prince kicking. Terrible from what I saw.

Like others our long kicking game was great, the chase was good. Short kicking game poor. They just dont play the percentage game. Its all about repeat sets, I dont know the stats but we must be near the bottom of the rung when it comes to repeat sets

I can't fault our chase at all. I watch most games every weekend, and our kick chase is on par with most teams. Our short kicking game, and 5th tackle options leave a lot to be desired at times. We should be getting repeat sets whenever we have a 5th tackle inside the opp 20.

Long kicking game was outstanding, esp when the titans had us buried in our 20-30 late in the tackle count. robbie's long kicks tonight were some of the best in the comp. he found touch in the opposition 10 several times and also plenty of our long kicks held up in goal, or very close to it. well done benji, robbie and whoever else had a crack. on a different note, what the hell is going on with prince. the bloke is an absolute tosser. he does not shut up, interefer's with players off the ball and does not stop complaining to the ref's. i thought he had a good rel'ship with the tigers boys. a bit of banter is fine, but he is seriously pushing it and its not the first time he has done it againt us. i am starting to hate him.

@Kaiser said:
Huh? Our kicking game was great! So was our chase!

Couldn't agree more. Our overall kicking (and chase) won us the game. First try, field goal, field position. I can't recall as many tiger kicks finding space with half a dozen players on the chase.

I meant our short kicking game which I thought I said. Robbie kicked one good short one for Brown, and a good bomb for tuquiri, but eveyrthing else in there 20 was average. We probably had 8 sets in there 30? and came away with 2 good kicks. Our short kicking was horrendous as ever

Back