Excitement

Each year, we usually get excited later in the year, after pinning our folorn hopes on one or 2 new plodders signed up at season's end.
This year, it seems to be earlier . . . with all the talk of Benji.
The older you get, the less excited you become about our footy team.
Many, many years of wasted enthusiasm will do that to you.
Let's chat this time next season and see where we are at ?

Anyone else starting to feel excitement about our club? First time I have in years! Can't wait for the following years ahead. Finally, a good feeling :)

For the next 5 years i can see many fluff pieces in the media but zero improvement on the paddock or in the admin/boardroom.Hope i am wrong

Can't wait to see Teflon playing Nofo at prop.

Along with gaining 7m from kicks for touch.
Along with conceding multiple tries despite the oppo having a player in the bin.
Along with failing to pack scrums in 30s.
Along with no cohesion in attack.

I don't think success is impossible with the regime, but I'd say that there is a 10-20% chance of improvement in the next year or two. No, not excited, but if they thread the needle it will be fun to watch.

No. Despite thinking we would be one of the leading spoon contenders at the start of the season I was excited that the team was building towards improvement. The terrible contracts of Mbye, Reynalds, Packer etc were finally off the books. Madge had signed two world class players in I.Pap and Api added to Blore, Utoikamanu there was the beginning of a decent forward pack being formed. The unfortunate results this season combined with sacking of Madge meant we became stagnant in the player market to add to those signings.
Now, whatever was building for next season looks to have been halted as we've effectively been told to wait until our juniors come through. Given they're a few years off possibly being impactful in first grade i've lost all excitement for the coming seasons.

Based on what?

I have no problems with who we signed to coach us but I see a massive mess that needs to be fixed and no excitement until they fix it.

First thing we need to do is fix the halves. We have 4 options and we need to start making some choices here.

Then I think we need a better fullback.

Then we need to get our edge and middle forwards right

Then we need some quality outside backs. Fixing the fullback spot may sort this out.

If they can fix one of these issues then I'll be excited. Maybe Doueihi will start killing it at 6 and the club will make a choice in relation to the halves. That would be something to get excited about and it is realistic.

Atm people are talking about bringing back players I hate with a passion and who have screwed our club over. I'm talking about the Turd and Moses. Those guys suck.

I have no problems with who we signed to coach us but I see a massive mess that needs to be fixed and no excitement until they fix it.

First thing we need to do is fix the halves. We have 4 options and we need to start making some choices here.

Then I think we need a better fullback.

Then we need to get our edge and middle forwards right

Then we need some quality outside backs. Fixing the fullback spot may sort this out.

If they can fix one of these issues then I'll be excited. Maybe Doueihi will start killing it at 6 and the club will make a choice in relation to the halves. That would be something to get excited about and it is realistic.

Atm people are talking about bringing back players I hate with a passion and who have screwed our club over. I'm talking about the Turd and Moses. Those guys suck.
It's interesting...

We have Laurie yet there was rumours we were chasing Dykes & Staines has been mentioned again, as of today.

We got 4 halves... now there's intel (not sure how true, it's reported by the worms Kent and Hooper) that Benji wants Mitch Moses.

Mayhe a shake up is coming.

Members online

Back