Farah and benjis positions in this team have to questioned

ron_burgandy

if they cant produce the goods against the top teams.

both are on long deals with the club but at some point they have to be made accountable for not getting the team over the line in must win games.

lastnight was a must win game in the sense of confidence of being able to beat a top side, we got out classed and when the game was in the balance they went missing and they have done this for a few years now…

They a 2 tremendous players no doubt but they are to hot and cold and for 2 guys taking up 1/4 of the salary cap i expect them to be great 4 out of 5 matches not 2 out of 5 and win some big games.

So last night was a must win game was it?Against the team on top of the ladder at their home ground.You have been waiting weeks fo come out and start bagging the club again havent you?Golden knows more about the sport than you

@JRD said:
So last night was a must win game was it?Against the team on top of the ladder at their home ground.You have been waiting weeks fo come out and start bagging the club again havent you?Golden knows more about the sport than you

in terms of installing self belief that they are a force in this comp? yes it was.

you do realise this year we havent beaten a team with a winning record right?

at 14-10 we had momentum building and true leaders get their team in front on these type of games….our position on the ladder is great...our form line isnt.....

@innsaneink said:

tell me when was the last time you saw marshall put together 5…. say..... 8/10 games in a row? same with farah..... they are very good players but if between them they are gonna take up close to 1 million of the salary cap they have to produce the goods in big games...not verse teams like the sharks and canberra

Was not a must win game. Far from it. The must win games will be against teams in and around us like the next 2 weeks against the Broncos and Titans. However it was still a performance which made me think we are no morals for the Top 8\. Some people get a bit carried away with our team and its potential to be honest. We had 4 wins against very ordinary opposition. We still lack the consistency in the halves and the grunt up front to win consistently. We are a flashy side and a decent side, however you can see there are going to be ups and downs again before the end of the season. The key will be winning the close ones, that will decide whether we can sneak up past 12 wins.

Personally I think this was the least must win game of our season - no halfback, lots of blokes going in with injuries, short turnaround , against the team leading the comp, who were almost at full strength at their traditional home ground in front of their fans - would have been a miracle to win and personally with all those factors I was really impressed and I also think you are being hard on our stars - Robbie plays fantastic most games if not all , makes the odd mistake but when you are a playmaker who makes the big things come off then that will happen rather that then say Priddis. As for Benji we know what kind of hot and cold player he is but the last 2 years has been one of the better players in the comp and his consistency has improved and he always puts in but Yes when you are that exciting we have to take the good with the bad

@ron burgandy said:
@innsaneink said:
Fail

tell me when was the last time you saw marshall put together 5…. say..... 8/10 games in a row? same with farah..... they are very good players but if between them they are gonna take up close to 1 million of the salary cap they have to produce the goods in big games...not verse teams like the sharks and canberra

Last nights game was worth the same as the raiders game, the dogs & Knights.
Big games are in September
Theyre all correct here, you only front when we lose, like BB

@innsaneink said:
@ron burgandy said:
@innsaneink said:
Fail

Last nights game was worth the same as the raiders game, the dogs & Knights.
Big games are in September
Theyre all correct here, you only front when we lose, like BB

you all share the same defeatus attitude….a chance to prove ourselves against a top team and we fail...then blow it off as a ordinary game....lastnight showed we arent even close to being at that level...a win in lastnight game silences the doubters and ends the teams self doubt....a win there lastnight would of guarentted us a finals spot mentally IMO

Funny…..to me last nights game proved to me we are top 8 material.

The pigs had a red hot dig.

We were intense and ready to rumble.

We couldnt buy a penalty......and Bunji was off and yet we were within striking distance in the back and of the game.

It wasnt THAT bad....

@ron burgandy said:
you all share the same defeatus attitude….a chance to prove ourselves against a top team and we fail...then blow it off as a ordinary game....lastnight showed we arent even close to being at that level...a win in lastnight game silences the doubters and ends the teams self doubt....a win there lastnight would of guarentted us a finals spot mentally IMO

100% x 2

2010 = The Bradbury Cup

Ron, i take Simons view. I walked into work this morning saying we just proved we are the side to beat saints come september/october.

Last night we went with the best side in the comp on their home turf with them close to full strength. We had Marshall at 7 and he didnt play well. We had a talented 6 but the kid is quiet and needs a dominant half. So i basically conclude that we nearly matched the top side with NO halves. U critisise Farah but he was great besides one dumb play. Imagaine how lost we would have been without him last night.

Last night showed that with Benji playing at 6 and a halfback inside him, we can beat them.

@simonthetiger said:
Funny…..to me last nights game proved to me we are top 8 material.

The pigs had a red hot dig.

We were intense and ready to rumble.

We couldnt buy a penalty......and Bunji was off and yet we were within striking distance in the back and of the game.

It wasnt THAT bad....

It was THAT bad simon.
The WT backed up a jagged win with a below par performance against the Raiders with another sub-standard performance to what we all know of their ability. Raiders were absolutely woeful and the Tigers struggled.
Last night the Tigers dragged the Dragqueens down to their level forcing the Pink V to play atrocious as well. Wayne Bennett was the difference last night, preparing his team for the finals. That field goal feign by Soward is a "finals play" and WT simply weren't prepared. Then going on to let the try in on full time was just another show of lack of pride in the jersey.
The cheating referees gave most of the "accumulators" to the Tigers and they still got belted. Failing to turn those 4/5 attacking sets into points, Ryan milking the penalty to disallow Priddis' try.
Add it all up, and it simply points towards a very average performance in all.
And being in a position where the club has no other alternative but to play Marshall in the number 7 jersey since 2006 just says it all..

I think last night showed we are very close, even closer when we get a couple of players back

Look at the game as a whole, forget the result, they'll mean sfa in September

Farah is the only man in the NRL that can play dummy half, 1st and 2nd receiver at a very good first grade standard. He's easily the most important player in our team.

Last nite was always going to be a tough game for all the reasons outlined,but of course it wasnt a "must win".but these will come sooner rather than later.
The sentiments echoed by Ron about the lack of consistency of our big guns does have merit…Benji in particular has a tendency to go missing in important matches against tough opposition ,& is easily targetted in defence & simply doesnt measure up as a tackler to be honest.Even Soward has improved this area of his game
Both Benji & Farah lack patience,are impetuous ,dismiss risk vs reward & dont know how to build pressure like saints did to us last nite
Problem is theres nothing new in any of this,but we dont seem to have any plan to address it..dont seem to want any plan either...& unless we do,plus fix the several other issues which linger on week after week,were not going too far come September
We have the talent to go all the way IMO,but ....

@Lukic said:
Farah is the only man in the NRL that can play dummy half, 1st and 2nd receiver at a very good first grade standard. He's easily the most important player in our team.

Agreed.

Without Farah we are NOT a top 8 side, and would be close to the spoon.

Your confusing the Teams performance with your own expectations Ron. Winner last night would give the boys some confidence, but beating Brisbane in Brisbane, Titans at Robina and Manly at Blue Tongue will also give the team the same confidence leading into the Premiership Rounds. I'd say playing the Storm in the 2nd last week before the Finals, and beating them at Leichhardt will be all the confidence we need before the Finals.

Last's night loss proved to me we will be competitive come September, and will also ensure we are competitive over the next 4 weeks. The Tigers are right in this Competition!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back