Farah - injured?

izotope

Is farah carrying an injury again.. he hasn't really played bad last 2 games, but has pretty much just been a tackling workhorse!?
missing his dummy runs and attacking flair?

almost a bit like ennis, just shoveling and tackling (except farah makes the tackles lol)

He is being made to chew alot of petrol in defence.

Again I think he is maturing and picking his moments

He's not injured but he has clocked up ove 40 tackles in the last couple of games. I think with the return of Galloway and Heighington, Farah might just start to attack a bit more out of dummyhalf with improved go forward. The refs have also allowed the opposition to lie on the Tigers in the ruck lately too I've noticed which has hurt Robbie from getting out of dummyhalf early.

His back is very good after surgery…quicker recovery time as well..

Think Smeg and Willow nailed it...he is targeted both in attack and defence...that and Refs seem to absolutely refuse to give him a penalty for catching markers offside thus his darts from dummy half are nullified illegally...still just as dangerous in the opposition 20....

Luckily Benji and Moltz have stepped up in attack....

Yeah, Geo. Good to see others helping in attack. Now if we can somehow reduce his defensive workload, he will be back to his glittering best.

I thought he slowed down on Monday during the second half and wondered about his back. I do think he is still taking too much defensive load. I also think that Moltzen in 7 is taking some of the attacking load off Robbie, so he can be a little more selective about injecting himsaelf. He doesn't always have to kick from dummy half, which mixes up the attack more.

I think the biggest difference has been that we finally have a halfback in the team and Robbie can pick and choose when he injects himself instead of being required to create all the attack with Benji.

the big difference is the refs are letting the opposition to molester our players on the ground n slowing the play the ball thus taking robbies darts out of the game.
also, when we go get a quick play the ball, robbie is getting tackled by markers floating between the play the ball n the defensive line yet refs seem to go blind so he does not bother.
i can not believe what i was watching vs manly. we did not get a single penalty for the final 50mins.
the refs are taking farah out of the game.

This all started in Origin. He was catching a whole bunch of lazy markers offside, and nothing was happening about it.

Amazing though isn't it? Farah's involvement in attack the last 2 weeks hasn't been as dominant, and he still does 10x more than Ennis.

@tigh said:
His back is not 100%

It will never be 100% …but it's a whole lot better after surgery..as well as his changing his style picking up the ball from dummy half....Farah is managing his back a lot better than he has in previous seasons...

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
This all started in Origin. He was catching a whole bunch of lazy markers offside, and nothing was happening about it.

Amazing though isn't it? Farah's involvement in attack the last 2 weeks hasn't been as dominant, and he still does 10x more than Ennis.

yep
my mouth is watering thinking about him getting a chance where he wont need to make 40 tackles in a game and can inject himself in :smiley:
hopefully against the tri's1

@Geo. said:
@tigh said:
His back is not 100%

It will never be 100% …but it's a whole lot better after surgery..as well as his changing his style picking up the ball from dummy half....Farah is managing his back a lot better than he has in previous seasons...

Perhaps I should re-phrase that - his back is still giving him trouble.

@Torbizlo said:
the big difference is the refs are letting the opposition to molester our players on the ground n slowing the play the ball thus taking robbies darts out of the game.
also, when we go get a quick play the ball, robbie is getting tackled by markers floating between the play the ball n the defensive line yet refs seem to go blind so he does not bother.
i can not believe what i was watching vs manly. we did not get a single penalty for the final 50mins.
the refs are taking farah out of the game.

Just on the point of markers - Bill Harrigan was on Talking sport a couple of weeks ago saying how much he disliked dummy half running in general and in particular dummy halves trying to get penalties by deliberately running into markers who were floating. He said he would rather see markers be allowed to stand anywhere between the play the ball and the 10 mtrs as long as they were square - its interesting that since i heard that interview i have been watching for penalties in this area - they don't get pulled up anymore - is it possible the refs have made a decision not to police this infringement as it slows the game and also to cut down on dummy half running.

Latest posts

Back