Farah says finals campaign starts now

Discussion_Bot

Robbie Farah says the Wests Tigers campaign to make the Telstra Premiership finals must start on Friday night in the crucial showdown against the Parramatta Eels.

With nine rounds remaining and Wests Tigers sitting in seventh place, the captain and hooker says time is running out if the side is to make the finals after starting the season as a real premiership favourite on the back of last year.

“It has got to that stage now that with every loss, you are going to find yourself slipping further away. It is not just a matter of finishing in the eight, we want to finish as high as we can,’’ Farah said.

“It starts now. We have got 9 weeks and we have got some key players back on deck. If we can’t do it in this last nine weeks, then it is going to be pretty disappointing.

“In the next few weeks, we will find ourselves coming up against teams in a similar position. Those games will be the difference as to whether you make the eight or you don’t. It is pretty important.

“Parramatta is pretty desperate and they are behind us. Their season is slipping away as is ours at the moment. We are both going to be desperate for the win.

“I know what they are capable of and they have been playing some really good footy over the past month. They have been a bit unlucky and lost a couple of close games. They had a draw against the Dragons. They are playing some pretty decent footy.”

Farah said his side would have to again pay close attention to danger man Jarryd Hayne. The Eels sit in 14th position, five points behind Wests Tigers.

“Everyone knows how good Haynesy can be. He doesn’t really play a natural full-back’s role. He jumps in at first or second receiver and jumping into the backline as well,’’ Farah said.

“That’s when he is at his best, when he pops in and out of the game and comes up with the right plays.

“I’m sure he will take some confidence out of playing in Origin and will want to bring that back to his club side. Hopefully he will wait another week. We will do our homework on him and try to shut him down.”

Source: Wests Tigers (by Wayne Cousins)

Whatever farah. U keep saying shit like that everyweek
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

With how bad we have been playing we haven't been out of the 8 for a long time and withthe exception of last year it's been the team in the best back end season form that has won or made the GF. including when we won in 05 we pretty much went win loss win loss until the last 10 weeks of the season where we won 12 of the last 14 games of the season including finals

I was under impression the finals charge begins in Round 1.
if you are gonna talk the talk, then walk the walk.

Its like a broken record year after year - it would be nice for once to be sitting back now and discussing where in the top 4 we will finish rather than the usual will we or won't we make it.

I'm with Robbie on this one …........ we've had our week off, we're getting players back and now its time to put it all together. Its not the best team in Rounds 1-18 that wins the comp. Its the team that peaks at the right time ......... and that time is fast approaching.

Could the Tigers please start this campaign in round 1 next year. Would cause less ditress to anxious supporters.
PS - will the finals campaign start next week if they lose?

i reckon aiming to peak over the last 10 rounds is an excellent strategy, we are not too far off the pace, if we win 6 or 7 of the last 9 we will be finish well in the top 6, it is a long year, it is difficult to be up for 26 rounds plus finals

give me a break …... all we do is talk it up ........... can't back it up ......

Blah Blah do your talking on the paddock Farah all talk no ACTION mate!

I do think Farah's right, in-so-much that the finals campaign has to start this weekend, but…....

I also think it could end this weekend if we can't beat a poorly performing Parra side!

We've got players back from injury, had a week off, got a new ref's interpretation of the ruck area and Parra just generally suck!

The same line is delivered at this time every year. It is not Farah's fault, it is the coaches ability to adapt

Why is it that farah has to come out and say something every week. Such an attention seeker. You don't hear the other captains come out every week in the media! You hardly ever hear Hornby, ca
Smith, Lyon, Lockyer. I wish he'd concentrate on playing and not wanting to get his name in the paper every week.

It's written by Wayne Cousins…...not a tabloid piece. The other captains probably make comments for their team sites. He was probably asked to say something.

Back