Fifita

Blake93

Does anyone know if fifita is back this week? I thought we missed his grunt and go forward against canberra and a lot of times when the team was down on confidence and not trying much, he could've helped

Absolutely bamboozled when he didn't get onto the bench. Did he turn up late for training or something? I would have thought he'd get ahead of Moors and Flannagan (and he would have been more effective than Galloway)

Saw in another thread it was for disciplinary reasons …

The Tigers website said he was rested after playing for Wests during the bye week and aggrevated a minor injury, but then apparently he played for Wests this weekend too .. ?

Bit suss ... hope everything's okay in Fifita town.

@alex said:
Saw in another thread it was for disciplinary reasons …

The Tigers website said he was rested after playing for Wests during the bye week and aggrevated a minor injury, but then apparently he played for Wests this weekend too .. ?

Bit suss ... hope everything's okay in Fifita town.

you know,i don't get this forum sometimes.
it seems we have forum posters that are tight with people connected to the club from ceo down to ballboys.

yet everyone is staying hush hush with this.
i don't get it.
maybe because we are winning the need to compare mine against yours isn't required.
anyway
\
\
RL player causes a scene in main street
SCOTT HAZELWOOD
07 Jun, 2010 11:05 AM
A WESTS Tigers NRL player has been issued with a criminal infringement notice for abusing police and holding up Banna Avenue traffic after a big night out at the weekend.

Andrew Fifita, who has family in Griffith, was stopped by police on Banna Avenue near the post office at about 3am yesterday morning.

Officers saw the men on the roadway, causing an oncoming car to brake violently and narrowly avoid the pair.

When police spoke to the men, Fifita, 20, and his 19-year-old friend allegedly became abusive and swore repeatedly at officers.

Both men were given criminal infringement notices for offensive conduct and obstructing traffic.

Fifita has had a breakout year in the NRL, coming off the bench for Wests Tigers in their seven-point win over Canterbury on Friday night.

Fifita played his junior rugby league with Griffith's Waratah-Tigers and his twin brother, David, has also played at NRL level.

^ Damn..

Not sure if he will be named this week now.. time will tell I guess.

He is such a talent and hope this is a one off event as he will be the future of our forward pack for years to come.
Has size and skill and only 20 years old. Most props mature in their late 20's. We need him back in the NRL.

Whose he going to come in for I wonder? Honestly Moors is the logical solution but I thought MOors was our most effective runner on sunday, and has been the last 3 games. Dropping a guy like Moors will jsut delay his progress. When guys like him are doing well they shouldnt be canned, hes had a disgruntled career anyway a bit so while hes playing good footy keep him in.

The only one who probably could make way in the pack is Flanagan, but thats playng about 5 guys the size of the prop.

Moors is playing better every week. He suffered a bad injury and its been a hard slog for him to get some form back. Penriff made a hasty call in letting him go.

P.S. I think you'll find Moors recovery this season will mirror Tuiaki's season next year.

Take away the reason of discipline and I still feel that Fifita has a tendancy to be too slow in terms of marker and ruck defence on occasion.

If Moors was underperforming it would be a no brainer that Fifita would be in the side.

Flanagan is also playing very well and filling the Liam Fulton role.

I wonder why the Tele didnt blow this out of proportion considering the tension between the Tele and the club. Either Rothfield and Co are plain dumb or they dont know about it. Fifita causing problems in Griffith would have done more damage than the trip published by Rothfield.

Well they will now…..perhaps Bon should Link them the article....Bec and Buzz will be on the case...

Non- issue really....

Fifita will be back....sooner rather than later me thinks...

@Geo. said:
Well they will now…..perhaps Bon should Link them the article....**Bec and Buzz** will be on the case...

Non- issue really....

Fifita will be back....sooner rather than later me thinks...

Gutter journalists… They sell more papers for writing about garbage like this rather than actually reporting on footy itself.

@smeghead said:
Flanagan is also playing very well and filling the Liam Fulton role.

I don't think we need either player out there atm. I'd prefer Fifita and Moors in the team.

A prop rotation of Gibbs & Galloway with Payten & Fifita on the bench. A backrow of Ellis, Heighington and Moors with Dwyer on the bench.

That pack should get us good go forward on a consistent basis.

Then you have one utility. Fitzy had an impact last week. You can keep him there or add Flanagan or Fulton.

@bonstonker said:
Officers saw the men on the roadway, causing an oncoming car to brake violently and narrowly avoid the pair.

That is impressive driving. How do you avoid hitting a big unit like him?

@hybrid_tiger said:
If Fifita plays, Moors won't. And vice versa.

Which is a joke in my opinoin. They have both proved to be more than capable.

@djm619 said:
^ Damn..

Not sure if he will be named this week now.. time will tell I guess.

This was 3 weeks ago. I presummed it was a "No Post" issue on here…

Surely he has served his punishment being bashed in NSW Cup 2 weeks in a row??!!!

@Tiger Watto said:
This was 3 weeks ago. I presummed it was a "No Post" issue on here…

Surely he has served his punishment being bashed in NSW Cup 2 weeks in a row??!!!

It happend on the long weekend after he played for Wests on the Saturday….Wests Tigers had the Bye...

1 week State Cup surely...

There is a no post issue...by all means post anything you got Watto....

Latest posts

Back