Films Not Movies

A mate of mine is sending me by post on a memory stick , (that’s how old we are), a series called The Boys, he wants me to get into it, he reckons it’s depraved, and he knows I’m sick. Does anyone know of this series and is he overrating it?

A mate of mine is sending me by post on a memory stick , (that’s how old we are), a series called The Boys, he wants me to get into it, he reckons it’s depraved, and he knows I’m sick. Does anyone know of this series and is he overrating it?
Lol it’s batshit crazy.

Great series - lots of over the top blood and gore - totally tongue in cheek take on Marvel and DC superheroes. Fair bit of swearing sex scenes.

Yeah it’s funny and imo probably what superhero’s would be like if the actually existed

A film is something that is more than just a Hollywood piece of crap.

taxi driver = film
herbie the love bug = movie
Taxi driver=crap
Herbie love bug=crap
Your explanation has flaws 🤣

Reactions: TCL
Yeah actually is objective.
Being an oldie the term film derived it's name from the film strip on a reel which is a cellulose strip of "moving" - "pictures" (movies) Hence why the two are often meant as one. That's why I asked.
These days it seems that a film is more indepth topic and a movie is to entertain. Depends where your raised I guess.
In the country as a lad in the 50-70's it was always going to the pictures, as in picture theatre.
The term pictures was derived from the film strip which is a series of pictures one after the other which when moved quickly over a lense with backlight projects the "movie" 🤣

Reactions: TCL
View attachment 2193

Anyone seen this ?

Got some work getting done to the house today, so just supervising and trying to keep out of the way....

Ended up watching this.
Usually like Taylor Sheridan's movies but this one.... no good.
Are Angelina's lips real or silicone filled or whatever.

Get Carter - Michael Caine "I'll have a pint in a fin glass"
Harry Brown - Michael Caine
Basic Instinct - Michael Douglas and Sharon Stone
Play Misty For Me - Clint Eastwood

You are in for a treat!. And the seasons keep getting better so enjoy.

Kool. I’m looking forward to it. I like anything that’s depraved, violent, gorey,
B grade horror, torture, etc.
Oh come on, over the top aren't you, your true colours are coming out now, crude jokes about women, talking up your home invasion and intimidating people days and now this, your into torture and depravity so it seems.
Should we make the police aware of all this crap you go on about. Should any of us on the forum need to be concerned about you?

lol it is really funny

Oh come on, over the top aren't you, your true colours are coming out now, crude jokes about women, talking up your home invasion and intimidating people days and now this, your into torture and depravity so it seems.
Should we make the police aware of all this crap you go on about. Should any of us on the forum need to be concerned about you?
No. I’ll reply better later when I’ve had no drinks if you like. I don’t like talking seriously when not fully clear.

Latest posts

Back