Psycho
Its a wonderful life

hard to top that from anyone

unless your siskell & hebert

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Apocalypto is amazing.

Shawshank is good, over-rated though.
Scarface>

Wolf Of Wall Street is a modern day classic also.
Whatever though.

My opinion.

It is so hard to pick my top movies (not film). So much of it depends on the mood I am in at any given time. It may be easier to do it by category:

Action: Die Hard
Adventure: Raiders of the Lost Ark
Sci-Fi: The Fifth Element
Comedy: Flying High
Musical: Grease
Horror: The Shining
Drama: Breaker Morant
Fantasy: Willow
Thriller: Alien
Crime: Reservoir Dogs
Sport: Rocky
Family: The Muppet Movie
Animated: The Incredibles
Romance: At First Sight

I've probably missed more categories, and probably forgotten some of my all-time favourite movies in each category too. Oh well…

@AmericanHistoryX said:
Top 3 - so far modern day

And in no order

Apocalypto
Shawshank Redemption
Blade Runner

Top 3 4 hey day

Casablanca
Psycho
Its a wonderful life

hard to top that from anyone

unless your siskell & hebert

After watching TCM tonight on Foxtel -

Casablanca has to come of the list replaced by Mildred Pierce. Sorry Bogie -

Got a question that was brought up a few weeks ago about movies at a camping weekend

Has any sequel of a movie been better than the original

My opinion the only one that comes close for me is Terminator 2

Reckon it is better than the original Terminator

@happy tiger said:
Got a question that was brought up a few weeks ago about movies at a camping weekend

I reckon Godfather Pt 2 was better than the first. And plenty of people prefer Aliens to Alien (not me).

I also like Mad Max 3 best of the series, but I gather I'm in the minority.

@Masterton said:
@happy tiger said:

I reckon Godfather Pt 2 was better than the first. And plenty of people prefer Aliens to Alien (not me).

I also like Mad Max 3 best of the series, but I gather I'm in the minority.

On the Mad Max 3 definitely Masterton

The original was definitely the best

Godfather Pt 2 got brought out a few times by a few different people

@Geo. said:
Empire Strikes Back New Hope

This, by far the best movie of both trilogies. You could also say each movie of the LOTR trilogy was better than the previous.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
Now thats a great film - you must have seen it.
Great directing by Frank Capra & Jimmy Stewart's favourite film of his repertoire.

It certainly is a beauty. Whenever I see that it is on or coming up, I just have to watch it again. Whilst not one of the greats, I also find myself having to watch How The West Was Won.

Also love Juro's comedy choice of Flying High. I laughed so much during my first viewing, and thus missed so many of the never ending stream of humourous lines. We then went back to the ticket counter, got another one, and saw the next session. The occasional drone of the propellers in the background of the jet engined plane throughout the movie really grabbed my sense of humour.

Star Wars may not have been better than the next installment, however, as George Lucas took everything to a new level with the cinema experience of the original, it is a standout for me.

@formerguest said:
@AmericanHistoryX said:
Now thats a great film - you must have seen it.
Great directing by Frank Capra & Jimmy Stewart's favourite film of his repertoire.

It certainly is a beauty. Whenever I see that it is on or coming up, I just have to watch it again. Whilst not one of the greats, I also find myself having to watch How The West Was Won.

Also love Juro's comedy choice of Flying High. I laughed so much during my first viewing, and thus missed so many of the never ending stream of humourous lines. We then went back to the ticket counter, got another one, and saw the next session. The occasional drone of the propellers in the background of the jet engined plane throughout the movie really grabbed my sense of humour.

Star Wars may not have been better than the next installment, however, as George Lucas took everything to a new level with the cinema experience of the original, it is a standout for me.

As a youngster many years ago I happened to be looking for a radio station and somehow picked up a TV station playing "Flying High " and taped it on cassette

Funny movie

( Here we go , whats a cassette Poppy Happy :laughing: )

You know your getting old when you hire a 19 year old and find out his Mum used to work for you as a teenager Happened today :eek:pen_mouth:

@happy tiger said:
You know your getting old when you hire a 19 year old and find out his Mum used to work for you as a teenager Happened today :eek:pen_mouth:

Does he look like you? :eek:pen_mouth:

@formerguest said:
@happy tiger said:

Does he look like you? :eek:pen_mouth:

He is lucky he looks nothing like me and has no reason to

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was far better than A Fistful of Dollars and A Few Dollars More.

@happy tiger said:

The only sequel I definitely preferred to the original is Toy Story 2.

Other ones where the sequel was about equal (toss of the coin as to which I prefer) include:
- Alien / Aliens
- Terminator / Terminator 2
- Back the the Future 1 / Back to the Future 3 (number 2 was awful!)
- Rocky I / II / III / IV
- Superman I / II
- Friday the 13th I / II
- Austin Powers I / II (virtually the same movie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbwjS9iJ2Sw

this is an all time favourite scene for me.

I'd have to think a lot about my favourite of all time, but I like Scorsese flicks that's for sure

@Winnipeg said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbwjS9iJ2Sw

this is an all time favourite scene for me.

I'd have to think a lot about my favourite of all time, but I like Scorsese flicks that's for sure

hahah, I can also see a day when the Tigers board are sitting in their offices like that…

'WERE GONNA MAKE IT GEORGE, THEYLL NEVER CLOSE US UP TODAY!'

Latest posts

Staff online

Back