Find a sponsor

@Hit or Miss said:
That 10 Year jersey does make it easy to display the Sponsor and its Logo's

It sure does. Any prospective company want the display of their logo to be the most prominant part of the jersey. White jersey's are best because the logo stands out best. Meriton is a must. The building industry is finding its feet again and the World Financial Crisis is in recovery in our country. This is the time to approach Harry for another start.

The end of July "find a sponsor bonus" has come and gone….did we find a sponsor?...

i still wanna know what the average cost is for major/minor etc?
anyone have an inside details or guesses?

Has a sponsor been found or is one near finalising a deal?

Does anyone have any news?

Haven't heard anything about our sponsors but apparently the roosters are without any sponsors for next year at this stage…

I heard that the reason Proton are thinking of dropping us is the lack of exposure during Sepember. For people thinking of buying a car during September, there's no chance they'll be thinking of a Proton 'cause ain't no one advertising them!

i still wanna get a guess on the prices.

ie. main
sleeve sponsor
short sponsor?

so i can continue harrasing my dad to get his company to sponsor so i can go and kick sheens in the nutsack.

@izotope said:

ie. main
sleeve sponsor
short sponsor?

so i can continue harrasing my dad to get his company to sponsor so i can go and kick sheens in the nutsack.

main 1.5mill per season min 3 season
sleeve sponsor 750K per season
short sponsor? 500K per season

Cheap

@Geo. said:
@izotope said:

ie. main
sleeve sponsor
short sponsor?

Cheap

is the min 3 seasons thing a recent requirement? proton were the first sponsor we had for more than one season and theyve lasted 4 which is pretty good.
IIRC:
2000 - Mertion
2001 - Don
2002 - New Loan
2003 - Herbal World
2004 - Radisson Maine
2005 - JFTA
2006,07,08,09 - Proton

but then you get clubs who've had the same major sponsor for donkeys years and you immediately associate that brand with that club
eg
Roosters - Samsung
Sharks - LG (although both have now pulled out)
Cowboys - Toyota
Panthers - Sanyo
Warriors - Vodafone
Parra - Pirtek

- Meriton had sponsored Balmain for a few years in a row, so unsure why they didnt continue asa Major Sponsor

- Don Small Goods i believe may have terminated sponsorship due to the ongoing trouble with Drugs and Hoppa

- New Loan possibly went bust?

- Raddison Maine where dodgy

- Herbal World went bust

- JFTA stepped in to help after Herbal World went bust just as the season was about to kick off. They are still sponsors as far as i know.

- Proton came on board… Prett much the 1st Good sponsor we have had that didnt have to put up with bad publicity which is probably why we have had them for so long.

Yeah H.or.M just shows how much trouble we've had picking good sponsors. Meriton still sponsor the club, just not in the official role. Theyre the U20's major sponsor though.

In the Forever Brothers book it has a bit about how JFTA came on board. We had a sponsor lined up at the beginning of 05 (cant remember who .. think Herbal World) but then they went bust and the CEO of JFTA is a big Tigers supporter and was already supporting us in a lesser role and helped out the club by becoming the major sponsor at the last minute.

@Geo. said:
@izotope said:

ie. main
sleeve sponsor
short sponsor?

Cheap

Whilst that would be nice it isnt close…

Main (Proton) - approx $700k indexed to increase over it's life
Sleeve (LiuGong) - Approx $600k indexed to increase over it's life
Back of Jersey (UD Trucks) - Approx $550 indexed to increase over it's life
Shorts (Allied in 2008, sorry but that is the figure that I know) - Approx $80k, wsa only a one year deal

Now I know this seems a bit unbalanced but don;t forget that each company would have a range of different inclusions tailored towards their objectives, i.e: ticketing, functions and trips away so the price is based on overall exposure and also those other benefits.

Also while most would think the front of jersey or naming rights sposor is the best exposure it is very similar to that of rear jersey or sleeve due to the fact that when a player is running with ball in hand he is covering the sponsors logo.

Gees an extra $100,000 for main sponsor as opposed to sleeve sponsor. Very worth it. Bigger logo plus the team is always referred to as Proton Wests Tigers not Liu Gong Wests Tigers.

@djm619 said:
Where do i sign up for the 'Find a Coach' campaign? :brick:

Start by rallying every wests tigers support to make a simple banner saying "SACK SHEENS MOLTZEN = 7"

Heard the magazine NEW IDEA, could be interested if SHEENS is prepared to listen..

@izotope said:
@djm619 said:
Where do i sign up for the 'Find a Coach' campaign? :brick:

Start by rallying every wests tigers support to make a simple banner saying "SACK SHEENS MOLTZEN = 7"

there has been a 'sack sheens' banner for a while now. its been at a few games. i havent seen it for a while. maybe it will be around SFS on Friday night

Staff online

Members online

Back