First Grade Live Game Thread vs Souths *Contains Spoilers*

As much as Koro is a weapon, he's made more errors than anyone else to let tries in this season.

Fulton was probably our best. Benji still smiling after the game….things never change

@Flippedy said:
F–- that last try!

Had calmed down and felt good about our second half, near put the remote through the tele when Inglis scored.

Someone at Tigers has to be given a pistol and left alone in a room to do the honourable thing. What has become of the tigers? I doubt if Sheens would have made a difference, however, he maybe smiling one of those ” I told you so ” type smiles

@Black'n'White said:
Oh well, where we expected to be weak we were strong, and our makeshift pack we were so proud of let us down…. no hate on the effort as whole from me, just a few individual fails cost us massively, even woods... Happens.

The final score was way better than I was expecting, so I am not feeling too bad about the effort, in the second half at least - they hung in there. I really thought we'd get done by 70! Our softness up the middle is a real concern though.

We lost by 50 when Sheens coached too, but we didn't have near the injuries we do now. Forwards were brittle in the first half hour, particularly Blair, pettyborne and Thomson.

New name for Blair - wet paper

They ran through him like wet paper!

75 % of our players were not up to first grade level tonight. Potter has mission impossible. Crow saved Souths maybe we need Cruise to save Wests

for gods sake get a bloody half back bengi is our5/8 i don't care who he is sirro is not a half and never will be lock at best. the first half there was no plays put on, fulton played his heart out but put him back where he belongs forwards we need a spark at the scrum base we crap on about bengi he cannot do it all,robbie controls the forwards we need two options at the halves not one. must say great game by teddy

Yes the score line surprised me too I was expecting a 70 + hiding .Imagine if the second half effort was there the first 40

@ragedmachine said:
As much as Koro is a weapon, he's made more errors than anyone else to let tries in this season.

Fulton was probably our best. Benji still smiling after the game….things never change

Koro seems like one of those players who needs to be surrounded by strong performers to look good. At this state he's not the kind of player who provides a spark - he needs others to give him a passage into a game.

Benji's missus was doing sideline commentary for MMM so that's probably why he cracked a smile. Wives will do it that to you…

@Tigersmurf said:
We lost by 50 when Sheens coached too, but we didn't have near the injuries we do now. Forwards were brittle in the first half hour, particularly Blair, pettyborne and Thomson.

When? Whilst we had some poor games under Sheens we never played this consistently bad.

@southerntiger said:
@Tigersmurf said:

When? Whilst we had some poor games under Sheens we never played this consistently bad.

No we played with consistently less heart under Sheens

@Yossarian said:
@ragedmachine said:

Koro seems like one of those players who needs to be surrounded by strong performers to look good. At this state he's not the kind of player who provides a spark - he needs others to give him a passage into a game.

Benji's missus was doing sideline commentary for MMM so that's probably why he cracked a smile. Wives will do it that to you…

Koro has been hung out to dry often by Lawrence, and again tonight by Simona. I am not trying to find excuses for him, but Merrits first he did ok, and while I do agree he is a confidence player for the time being at least ( being so young), he is doing ok. Tonight we were soft in the centre, somewhere we have usually been fighting well above our weight, and there were few excuses for being so bad. Looking to Koro for a scapegoat is wrong.

@Black'n'White said:
@Yossarian said:
@ragedmachine said:

Koro has been hung out to dry often by Lawrence, and again tonight by Simona. I am not trying to find excuses for him, but Merrits first he did ok, and while I do agree he is a confidence player for the time being at least ( being so young), he is doing ok. Tonight we were soft in the centre, somewhere we have usually been fighting well above our weight, and there were few excuses for being so bad. Looking to Koro for a scapegoat is wrong.

I didn't say he was to blame, just making a general observation on him.

Latest posts

Members online

Back