First look at Concord Oval revamp

I didn't get a response from Cochise, who owns the COE, does WT have ownership, State Government? Do we lease it? Do the other users pay rent or lease and who does the money go to 🤔
One thing I didn't know until a moment ago is that the oval had a 18,000-capacity stadium built to host the 1987 Rugby World Cup.
I was in hospital at the time and woke up when it was all over I guess. 🤣

I didn't get a response from Cochise, who owns the COE, does WT have ownership, State Government? Do we lease it? Do the other users pay rent or lease and who does the money go to 🤔
One thing I didn't know until a moment ago is that the oval had a 18,000-capacity stadium built to host the 1987 Rugby World Cup.
Pretty sure we're just tenants.

Chairman Cochise is busy getting the Fung Shway restaurant up n running

State government & WT - we put
Up $20 million NSW Gov $58 million
I think were the figures. We're the main tenants & West Harbour
are sub-tenants, and as Cochise
mentioned they have their own area

Edit: State Gov owns and operates the community area part of the COE and the commercial/park spaces there

Last edited:
I was the stats man for Gordon Bray durring tah world cup. Got paid 50 bucks a game. Did club rugby and all the internationals for a few seasons. Worked with Mark Ella he was a champion bloke. Concord oval was going to be the home of rugby, but turned out a white elephant

I was the stats man for Gordon Bray durring tah world cup. Got paid 50 bucks a game. Did club rugby and all the internationals for a few seasons. Worked with Mark Ella he was a champion bloke. Concord oval was going to be the home of rugby, but turned out a white elephant
I loved playing against the Ella boys. Never at Concord though.
If we are tennants, surely we would have a long lease, like 20 years.
Otherwise what's the point.

Very cool @supercoach wallabies
lost to France there in a boil over.
Often wondered where everyone
parked their cars back in the day!
I miss Gordon Bray's commentary
on channel 10, he was all class
I had some luck back in those days, a mate was best friends with Mike Whitney the crickete and through his contacts got us a gig in the scoreboard at the SCG. Did that for a year or two on a casual basis. Seems so long ago now

I had some luck back in those days, a mate was best friends with Mike Whitney the crickete and through his contacts got us a gig in the scoreboard at the SCG. Did that for a year or two on a casual basis. Seems so long ago now

Mike Whitney from 'who dares wins'
haha. Medium/fast pace bowler,
lefty. Didn't bat too well unfortunately!

Working at the SCG would have
been a dream come true SC,
especially back then, dream team

As a heads up people, the NSW Waratahs, West Harbour and Parramatta Two blues Rugby are playing a trial at Concord tomorrow - the first match to be played there. Free entrance to the game which starts at 3pm.

Good chance to have a look at the the oval and facilities and mingle with NSW and Australian rugby players if you are interested. Cold Akasha beers $6 each and plenty of food.

This will also be good support for the struggling West Harbour Pirates club

Back