Fitzy - what the??

bbobb

While I really respect Tim Sheens, i can't fathom why we play with 16 players. If he is using Fitzy for coverage in a utility sense then surely Flanagan can do that job. When we were getting hammered in the first half, it would have been nice to put Moops on (big man with fresh legs).

This could really hurt us next week against the cows where the big men will really be feeling th e pinch in sweltering humidity.

Agree'd it just confuses me why he has fizty on there…
... i mean why not Taumata.. who has twice the petential...
i have no idea ...

Flanns didn't get a run until the 63rd min either.

The 3 games fitzy has been on the bench he has played 4/4/0mins

The bench should be looked at a bit more, in saying that Galloway is playing more minutes, Gibbs is a 60min player, Ellis and Rhino are 80min players, Fulton if he starts would be an 80min player so doesn't leave much for the rotational value from the bench if you know what i mean.

@KingOvKingz09 said:
i have no idea ...

Maybe because he's carrying injuries and still getting back his fitness.. maybe, I dunno. But your right about one thing, Fitzy is a waste of space warming the bench.

yep time for sheens to stop playing silly buggers, put another prop there to handle the big sides in the first half of games, we were lacking the size against the raiders and manly especially, even though we won both games it would be better if we werent coming backk from 16 point deficiets

No doubt strange but its giving our forwards some real good game time.

Sheens selections have really let the team down over the years.

We need someone like Pritchard on the wing instead of Mitch Brown for a start. Brown has zero spark.

If you are going to have Fitzhenry on the bench I would play him more than the 2 minutes the Fonz does.

I agree if its just gonna be 2 minutes then put Taumata on there.

He, like Pritchard, would kill them.

Who would Moors have replaced giibs, galloway started at prop Fifita, Fulton came on with payten moving up so who do you take off when you already have a 4 palyer rotation it means our big boys can rotate more often when u only have limited interchanges and if we loose a back especially if its early then flanagan or fulton have to play in the back and it messes up our forward rotation anyway so either way for me that is an extra position `

@KingOvKingz09 said:
i have no idea ...

i hear you … but taumata hasnt even played 1 first grade game .so maybe sheens is going with experience....fitzy can cover in 6 or 7 positions ...
taumata will get his chance when the time is right ...

@boonboon said:
Who would Moors have replaced giibs, galloway started at prop Fifita, Fulton came on with payten moving up so who do you take off when you already have a 4 palyer rotation it means our big boys can rotate more often when u only have limited interchanges and if we loose a back especially if its early then flanagan or fulton have to play in the back and it messes up our forward rotation anyway so either way for me that is an extra position `

Take of Rhino for 10-15 minutes over either side of half time and let Moors run wild out wide.

@Balmain Bug said:
Sheens selections have really let the team down over the years.

We need someone like Pritchard on the wing instead of Mitch Brown for a start. Brown has zero spark.

If you are going to have Fitzhenry on the bench I would play him more than the 2 minutes the Fonz does.

I agree if its just gonna be 2 minutes then put Taumata on there.

He, like Pritchard, would kill them.

stop putting YOUR agenda on things, what has mitch brown done wrong in his 2 games for us? he doesnt surrender in tackles when hes running the ball, gets quick play the balls made a couple line breaks and made no mistakes.

Why didn't flanagan get a run until the 63rd minute? At the moment I think he is one of our most consistent players and as previously said, he could be the utility option for the bench.

@Blakeeeeeee said:
Why didn't flanagan get a run until the 63rd minute? At the moment I think he is one of our most consistent players and as previously said, he could be the utility option for the bench.

hes turning out to be a very good buy, it was 17 minutes of top quality stuff from him today he or fulton should be staarting instead of payten

Brown has had two very solid, smartly played games for the NRL squad.

The Fitzy thing is a connundrum I don't understand but at least it is really getting our forwards working hard minutes which has to be a plus. Can't afford it in Townsville though IMHO

Well one things clear its a week by week thing and then even on game day its as the game pans out how half the bench works….easy to say should do this and should do that but it should be evident to most its reactionary not preconcieved.

Next week in the tropics, hot and humid we probably need a quick mobile bench. Sheens will stick with Fitzy at least for next week

@supercoach said:
Next week in the tropics, hot and humid we probably need a quick mobile bench. Sheens will stick with Fitzy at least for next week

hes been used for a combined 8 minute in 3 games off the bench, surely would be better off giving that time to another forward or blooding another U20s prop.

I had a good chuckle watching the game at home. Fitzy was out there for a few minutes and then when the game was over - I saw some vision of him taking a powerade from one of the tigers officials - I thought to myself - what did you do to get so thirsty.

Anyhow I am not about to bag fitzy as the coach is the one who places him on the bench - so no disrespect to the bloke. I do think however that the warm weather is now behind us and it is time for some another fresh forwards on the bench in his place. I haven't seen much footage of Willie Mataka play this year, but I think a line running second rower like him could have had some fun in the latter stages of both halves.

@ron burgandy said:
@supercoach said:

hes been used for a combined 8 minute in 3 games off the bench, surely would be better off giving that time to another forward or blooding another U20s prop.

sheens sees him as an insurance policy if one of the playmakers get injured … thats how i see it ......

Ken I like Willie on the bench too. We have a lot of other bench options this year which makes the continued use of Fitzy even more frustrating.

Latest posts

Back