Flanagan or Fulton

Very similar types but at this stage I'd probably go with Fulton. Not by much though.

Fulton (29yo, 90 odd games) at the moment but in a year or so I think Flanagan is the future (23yo, 20 odd games EPL and NRL). To get them in the same lineup I reckon one of them playing that 17 role would be good for the back we waste on there every week.

The answer is Simon Dwyer…

I'm not sure there's room for either Flanagan or Fulton in a full strength team (knowing that Sheens will always have a back on the bench, ridiculous as I think it is):

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Robbie Farah
10\. Keith Galloway
11\. Gareth Ellis
12\. Todd Payten
13\. Chris Heighington

14\. Andrew Fafita
15\. Junior Moors
16\. Simon Dwyer
17\. Blake Ayshford

Fulton. His defense late in the game is invaluable.

14\. Payten
15\. Flanagan
16\. Fifita
17\. Dwyer

Big strong bench - good attack and good D.

@Colonel said:
The answer is Simon Dwyer…

I'm not sure there's room for either Flanagan or Fulton in a full strength team (knowing that Sheens will always have a back on the bench, ridiculous as I think it is):

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Robbie Farah
10\. Keith Galloway
11\. Gareth Ellis
12\. Todd Payten
13\. Chris Heighington

14\. Andrew Fafita
15\. Junior Moors
16\. Simon Dwyer
17\. Blake Ayshford

I think your right & that is our strongest looking team IMO
I just hope Sheens sees it that way & dosen't drop Dwyer for Fulton

@scarcev said:
Fulton (29yo, 90 odd games) at the moment but in a year or so I think Flanagan is the future (23yo, 20 odd games EPL and NRL). To get them in the same lineup I reckon one of them playing that 17 role would be good for the back we waste on there every week.

Liam might look 29 or even 40 but im pretty sure he is only 25.

I think it will be between Dwyer or Flanagan? They both offer a different approach to Attack and Defence. This is a hard one…

Fulton has got to be in the 17, as he can play ever position except Prop and Fullback.

@Sabre said:
i really don't understand why we can't have both

If you're going to have both who do you drop? Let's say Sheens decides there's no need for a back on the bench, that gives you this pack:

8\. Bryce Gibbs
9\. Robbie Farah
10\. Keith Galloway
11\. Gareth Ellis
12\. Todd Payten
13\. Chris Heighington

14\. Andrew Fafita
15\. Junior Moors
16\. Simon Dwyer
17\. Mark Flanagan/Liam Fulton

If you want both in the side, who do you drop; Ellis, Heighington, Payten, Fafita, Moors or Dwyer?

As disappointing as it might be, I wouldn't drop any of those players at the moment for Flanagan or Fulton.

crouching_tiger » Sat 05 Jun, 2010 7:30 am
What sort of question is that??
>
It's like comparing Andrew Johns to Robert Lui..

Hidden Dragon can you please explain to me this analogy of your's?

Is Fulton the Andrew Johns comparison or is he Robert Lui?

I think you might have rushed in with your response as Fulton IMO is no Andrew Johns & Flanagan is certainly not!

We cant have both. Need to have both Dwyer and Fifita in the side as they offer something that we dont otherwise have. I like Flanno but think he unfortunately should make room.

Fulton, by the length of the straight.

Flanagan has done really well this season and will be unlucky to lose his spot but we will likely have better options for the bench at full strength.

As for Fulton - he's still criminally underrated by many Tigers fans in my opinion. I was stoked to have him back this year and as far as I'm concerned he's exceeded expectations. Not sure what else the bloke has to do before convincing some people that he's a really good player.

You can't have both - one of them at best. If we have a back on the bench neither of them.

They are both pretty good players but imo if you don't have a big tough pack teams like Souths will just run over the top of you.

Has to be liam fulton.but having said that flanagan should continue to improve with 80 minute performances in nsw cup.i rate flanagan as an excellent backup player for a team hes a player with a big heart could do with an aussie off season.

@Student of the game said:
Who is the better player?

IMHO it is a real tough one.

Your thoughts….....

I cant believe the question is even being asked.
To answer your question…..Fulton.

Fulton has it all over Flanagan. Thats no disrespect to Mark, he's done well, but Fulton is a class above at the moment. Maybe if Flanno puts on some size he could challange him but for now, they both the same size and Fulton does a much better job.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back