FM Radio

darkie

Does anyone know if there is a FM station that broadcast the footy on Friday night in Sydney?
I usually listen to AM at the game, but the radio i have is a bit old, bulky & awkward.
I can get AM on my iPhone, but that uses too much Internet time.
Is there an app for radio that won't use the Internet?

Don't want to buy a "sports ears" thing, because you have to listen to those idiots on channel 9 talking crap instead of commentating.
\
\
Wests by 4 points….. Or more :sign:

You could try the 2GB app it uses about 20mb per hour or there is Tune In Radio (both free)
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Thanks scragg
I already have the tune in radio. I suppose the 2GB app will use the same mbs
I was hoping to find a FM station so I can use my little iPod nano.

The only games that a broadcast on fm are the Monday night games on triple m.

I was able to listen to the continuose call team last Friday night That was in Hervey Bay though but it was definitely FM

@darkie said:
Does anyone know if there is a FM station that broadcast the footy on Friday night in Sydney?
I usually listen to AM at the game, but the radio i have is a bit old, bulky & awkward.
I can get AM on my iPhone, but that uses too much Internet time.
Is there an app for radio that won't use the Internet?

Don't want to buy a "sports ears" thing, because you have to listen to those idiots on channel 9 talking crap instead of commentating.
\
\
Sports ears are great, you can switch off the TV commentators and just listen to the ref if you prefer they also have an FM radio.

@happy tiger said:
I was able to listen to the continuose call team last Frday night That was in Hervey Bay though but it was definitely FM

I think that was broadcast through the WIN network of radio stations, maybe they have an arrangement this season

Thanks guys
Looks like I'll take ol' faithful & take the nano to see if I can find an FM station, it's good to hear a Wests win in stereo

@AndTheKungFoSing said:
98.1 generally have dragons games. Its an illawarra station although its got good range and a decent reciever should pic it up.

The Win corporation that owns them also own C91.3
you'd think they'd have the same sort of broadcast rights. Especially this weekend with both "local teams" playing each other.

97.3 is ABC Wollongong. It's a pretty good transmitter and you can generally pick it up in Sydney. It's the best quality commentating as well, so a double bonus.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Staff online

Back