Food thread

“fried rice syndrome.”???
What the hell is that?
Bacillus Cereus is a bacteria which can develop in cooked rice or pasta if it is left at room temperature for too long. It usually gives mild food poisoning like symptoms, but in severe cases such as the healthy 20yo who left his cooked rice on the kitchen bench for 5 days, the spores attacked his liver..
I know this stuff belongs in the cooking thread but just thought I’d take this opportunity to remind us all.

Bacillus Cereus is a bacteria which can develop in cooked rice or pasta if it is left at room temperature for too long. It usually gives mild food poisoning like symptoms, but in severe cases such as the healthy 20yo who left his cooked rice on the kitchen bench for 5 days, the spores attacked his liver..
I know this stuff belongs in the cooking thread but just thought I’d take this opportunity to remind us all.
😂 this is the food thread 😂

I’ve never left it on the bench that long but in the fridge for that long for sure and definitely heated more than once.
Everything is trying to kill us.

I’ve never left it on the bench that long but in the fridge for that long for sure and definitely heated more than once.
Everything is trying to kill us.
Apparently we shouldn’t reheat rice or pasta more than once. Something I was not aware of until recently.

For me, it's a BIG yes:

View attachment 8845
It’s a must have for me.
If I Bring home Maccas or HJacks I will open them up and put some beetroot in there.
I make a lot of homemade burgers, my one rule is they have to be a challenge to get ya mouth around them.
My big tip for eating them is turn them upside down. Same for a really hot pie, turn him upside down.

Beetroot doesn't belong on this planet let alone a burger.
Come on G, we all have different tastes and for me the following is bliss;
- meat pattie
- toasted bun
- onions
- lettuce
- tomato
- beetroot
- bacon
- egg
- bbq sauce.
Damn, now I’m hungry.
PS you know the old saying “ you can beat an egg, but you cant beet a …t “