Food thread

Had the old school dinner last night

Roast lamb, pork butt, chicken, ham wth glaze, pumbing vegetables etc

Highlight was Mrs made an amazing pear salad with greens, walnuts and lemon dressing.
Sounds terrific S. We went into fasting mode last night in anticipation of todays events !
Might give that salad a go, have eaten similar when out but never done one at home.
Enjoy the day !

Not mine, My Nana was the he first person in western Sydney to buy a Microwave oven from a travelling salesman. How’s that for nostalgia, a travelling salesman cold call knocking on the door. And he sells a $1000 (early 80’s) microwave oven the lady of the house. Everyone came over just to look at it? I remember the adult women talking about roasting dinners, cakes, etc. little did they know all the can do is reheat last night’s leftovers.

Thigh pieces have the most flavour and juice , have another go at them specially crumbed , then the wing for me
Ah the world’s a beautiful place when we’re so different. I still have to out up with odd thigh piece so I still know their crap. I used to live with a bloke who only had the thigh and drums, it paired perfectly when we’d get a BBQ chicken and chips. I don’t mind the chicken oysters or a nore on the parsons.
Do you know what I mean by the chicken oysters?

I’ll h go with KFC pieces; you know the bit that still has white breast meat on it and the ribs, that are curved, sort of under the breast. KFC cut the breast as one piece, if they cut it down the middle, it would be attached to the ribs still and you wouldn’t get a rib piece. Which is the same way my local BBQ chicken place does their deep fried pieces. I hope that explains it.

I’ll h go with KFC pieces; you know the bit that still has white breast meat on it and the ribs, that are curved, sort of under the breast. KFC cut the breast as one piece, if they cut it down the middle, it would be attached to the ribs still and you wouldn’t get a rib piece. Which is the same way my local BBQ chicken place does their deep fried pieces. I hope that explains it.
I think I know the bit your talking about. 👍

The oysters are two tiny bits not sure where on the bird, but in little pockets on the bone they just scoop out, most tender part of the bird but only the size of a teaspoon
Correct they are found under the bird next to the thigh, the bone their in/on is like a tea spoon, and extends into the thigh.
There’s also a couple of bits behind where the wing joins the carcass, I have to get at them from the inside.
Mmmmm chicken.

Back