Forward for Parra game

izotope

So there is a fair chance either Payne or Skando will be out (hopefully Payne the deadweight)

Who would u like to see replace?
Laurie? Dwyer? Schirnack?

Im thinking possibly laurie,
yes hes been a bad boy and down on discipline. However he does seem to have a bit of oompf and as we saw last time likes to have it with Moi Moi :smiley:.

However his defensive holes could cost us the game, especially with us still blooding Lui.

I have real fears if big Daine plays. Mortimer and Hayne will really target him.

Replace a worker with a worker for mine.

But I would prefer all current troops on decl tbh

a cork shouldnt keep the golden greek out of the parra game ….as for payne ....any of the above can do his job

Not Laurie, not this year.

Its not the only reason, but since hes left weve kept sides to 8, 4, 18, 10 and 10\. Probably go with Shirnack all though I dont think hes that good hes a safe solution, and Dwyer after that. Hopefully there both okay.

Laurie has been crap for the Magpies since he got sent back imo. Others and the coach may disagree though.

In saying that he fired up against the Eels last game and his aggression could come in handy against the big Eels forwards. His defence up against the Eels little men would be a concern though.

If Skandalis is out then the gamble would be to throw in Laurie, the safe bet would be Schirnack.

If Payne is out then a straight swap with Dwyer.

@hadds75 said:

Its not the only reason, but since hes left weve kept sides to 8, 4, 18, 10 and 10\. Probably go with Shirnack all though I dont think hes that good hes a safe solution, and Dwyer after that. Hopefully there both okay.

we kept parra to 4 points last time we played them and he played a big role in that

@anderson silva said:
@hadds75 said:

we kept parra to 4 points last time we played them and he played a big role in that

Compare their form at that time to their form currently. Their whole team is firing and they're going fantastic… even Todd Lowrie is playing well... they'd expose Laurie sadly.

Laurie and Schirnack should be added IMO, if Skando and Payne are ruled out. Laurie has been a disappointment this season, we would all agree, but he has had a couple of games where he did have a positive impact and one of those games was against the Eels earlier this season. He had a good battle against Fui Fui and got under his skin. He's also one of the few Tigers forwards who can put a hit on and dislodge the ball. Defensively he has some issues with positioning but I thought he was starting to make some headway against Souths, and we haven't seen him since.

I don't think he will be selected, but he does offer impact which could very well help the Tigers against a side like the Eels who will try and go through the Tigers. Schirnack is an honest toiler who will benefit from training fulltime with the top squad next season but he can cover Payne without any fuss IMO. I'd prefer Mataka but he's injured. Akeripa could be worth a shot playing in the backrow off the bench.

Schirnack for me, you know what you'll get from him, a good solid game.

We can't risk Laurie, could be a massive liability.

Laurie for the momentum factor. Eels have momentum, and they create it easily, with Hayne, Mortimer and Moi Moi firing up.

Daine can do dumb things, thats a given. But he can have some huge set in defence or attack that can swing the momentum, get the crowd into the match (it is our home game peoples) and still do a decent job from the bench.

We need him for this game.

i think halatau to come in if fit.
anyone will be good coz all the young players have showed they can hold their own in 1st grade n will put in 110%.

im not to sure but was it mataka or shirnack warming up with the forwards on sunday. wearing 18 or 19\. cant remember. rhys hanbury was wearing 23.

I'm probably on my own in this, but I think Laurie has been good for the magpies. Sure he has done a few stupid things, but on the whole I thought he has been good. Offloading at will and showing a ball playing ability I didn't know he had. He's also been playing big minutes.

I'd bring in Laurie and Dwyer for Skando and Payne respectively.

Anyone who can stop an offload and tackle, tackle tackle. Dwyer and Shirnack for me.

Dain Laurie no way i would send him back to Yamba he has showen what he is made of the way he has played for the Magpies the sooner he is out of the joint the better, and then he can reflect in ten years time what a goose he was

I'd have no problem with Laurie for just this game if he was kep on a very short leash, his lack of discipline could really hurt us Friday night though.

Dene's supposebly back for it so he's likely addition there. Otherwise Shirnack.

Replace with an impact player and a hardworker in my opinion to give the bench balance….

1.Akerpia/Laurie
2.shirnack/dwyer

Though I haven't seen any Bret games to know if Gower etc deserve a call up.

Latest posts

Members online

Back