Four Corners NRL Episode

Muffstar

I was talking to a mate who who works at the ABC today and he mentioned there is an episode which they are in final editing now which is to expose the salary cap rorting in the NRL.

Looks like another bad news NRL story on the way.

@Muffstar said:
I was talking to a mate who who works at the ABC today and he mentioned there is an episode which they are in final editing now which is to expose the salary cap rorting in the NRL.

Looks like another bad news NRL story on the way.

Ask him if they are rehashing stuff we already know about, or is it new insights and developments?

I heard that this show was on the cards back when the Gold Coast Titans allegations first a rose.

@Tiger Watto said:
I think it involves John Ribot. His name is dirt at the moment everywhere you turn…

What do you mean at the moment….Storm, Bronc's Titans and Cows didn't their blueprints for success from him for Nothin...

Great.. another kick in the nads for the NRL…...Don't know how many more it can cop...

@stryker said:
Great.. another kick in the nads for the NRL…...Don't know how many more it can cop...

To be honest, rugby league needs a massive kick in the pants and the blowtorch of an independent inquiry. The game in its current format is a farce.

During the Super League war, a criteria was forced upon us all as the game's leaders provided us with a vision for the game. 11 years later and after our two great clubs made the ultimate sacrifice for the good of the game, we still have the same problem of too many teams in Sydney. It's a farce. Tell me, how the hell does Cronulla justify its position in the NRL with pitiful crowds? How is Manly allowed to stand alone and to play at a ground that is downright disgraceful? These were all the types of excuses thrown at Wests and Balmain in 1999, where are they now?

As fans of Balmain and Wests, we were told that rationalisation was the future of the game, yet the NRL is still a glorified Sydney competition. We retained our presence in the top flight league, but other clubs are living off our sacrifice.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@stryker said:

To be honest, rugby league needs a massive kick in the pants and the blowtorch of an independent inquiry. The game in its current format is a farce.

During the Super League war, a criteria was forced upon us all as the game's leaders provided us with a vision for the game. 11 years later and after our two great clubs made the ultimate sacrifice for the good of the game, we still have the same problem of too many teams in Sydney. It's a farce. Tell me, how the hell does Cronulla justify its position in the NRL with pitiful crowds? How is Manly allowed to stand alone and to play at a ground that is downright disgraceful? These were all the types of excuses thrown at Wests and Balmain in 1999, where are they now?

As fans of Balmain and Wests, we were told that rationalisation was the future of the game, yet the NRL is still a glorified Sydney competition. We retained our presence in the top flight league, but other clubs are living off our sacrifice.

Agree and if anything, the NRL has done a backflip with Gallop continually coming out and saying ''Our saturation in the Sydney market is a massive advantage against the other codes"

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@stryker said:

Well said Gary. The current way the game is administered is a farce. Unfortunately, any Independent Enquiry would be stacked with the "boys" in some manner and would reject any suggestions of relocation or rationaisation of the saturated Sydney marketplace.

The only reason the game hasnt progressed, is ignorance and passion. They havnt yet realised that neither pay the bills!!!

Today Tonight announced that they were to run a story about NRL salary rorting but were being legally prevented from running it. Im sure thats what it was about. Any confirmations?

lol, my bad, i heard it from the other room. cheers adrian.

so any more news on that meat scandal? lol

Just caught the end of something on 2SM, missed most of it unfortunately but it sounded like the program was sposed to air last night but the ABC were prevented from doing so

@innsaneink said:
Just caught the end of something on 2SM, missed most of it unfortunately but it sounded like the program was sposed to air last night but the ABC were prevented from doing so

Four Corners airs Monday Nights not Thursday, seems that the ABC may have gone off half cocked on this as this supposed expose has been a month in the making, will be interesting viewing if and when it makes the broadcast. :deadhorse:

Members online

Back