Fullback Recruit

Theres not much available unfortunately. We do need a good fullback and some speed in our 3/4 line.. Id ameka play for Waqa blake end of this year for centre. Fast and can score tries.

@ said:
@ said:
I have decent mail we are the he process (close) to signing a fullback.

I have been calling for this player for 18 months.

He is not a big name and has not played first grade but I am very excited if it is.

He has a lot of upside.

meaney from newcastle?

A good player if we can sign him.

@ said:
There aren't many options for fullback for 2018 and beyond. In my opinion there are only three realistic options.

1\. Persist with Lolohea and continue to have Thompson as a backup.
2\. Take a punt with Bevan French. If we offer him a decent (not overs) contract he would ask for a release for the fact that he would have a better chance at playing fullback here than Eels. His form hasn't been the best this year but his team have been awful so he hasn't been given many chances to shine.
3\. Offer Gutherson a four year lucrative contract and hope that the issues at the Eels at the moment make him think twice about staying there.

Bevan French, goes missing when the goings gets tough,.

@ said:
I haven't heard of Meaney, what kind of characteristics does he have as a fullback?

Very good…fast,not small and throws a great pass. Plays a similar style to Teddy

@ said:
I think we are close to signing a fullback.

He is not a big name and has not played first grade but I am very excited if it is.

He has a lot of upside.

Jai Field from the Dragons

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I haven't heard of Meaney, what kind of characteristics does he have as a fullback?

Very good…fast,not small and throws a great pass. Plays a similar style to Teddy

Does he have a good step?

Looks like he has footwork without having a big step… mind you when you are quick, you don't necessarily need a big step just a good in-and-away!

@ said:
I think we are close to signing a fullback.

He has a lot of upside.

Care to share more info ??
Who this is exactly
Do you have inside info or just guessing?
When would this happen?

I thought we had a young well credential guy who hasn’t played 1st grade, in our development squad …..l why would we need another one in that category of player. We need experience at the back.

@ said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnPs4VvezPI

He looks really good in that highlights package. Fast and skilful. Was that NYC last year? Sign him up!!

The bloke Eddie is talking about is Nick Meaney - running fullback and leads the fitness runs at Newcastle and has played a lot of junior reps through the grades and is stuck behind Pnga forever in Newcastle so will be looking for an out. He is from the bush but nowhere near Newcastle so isn't a local junior for them as such

Well let's just wait and see what happens. No need for panic stations in the fullback dept just yet.

Members online

Back