GALEA OUT TO SCORE A TRY IN HIS 100TH GAME

G

GALEA OUT TO SCORE A TRY IN HIS 100TH GAME
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Should Wests Tigers forward Danny Galea cross for a try on Friday night, expect an almighty celebration.

And it couldn’t come at a better time too than his 100th match in the Telstra Premiership.

The former Penrith centre has not scored a try for the Wests Tigers since joining the club for the 2007 season.

At Penrith, Galea was a dashing centre who had scored 15 tries before being developed into a forward at Concord Oval.

Prior to this season, Galea had played 14 matches for the Wests Tigers since making his club debut against Melbourne at Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford in round 8 of the 2007 season.

Galea has enjoyed his finest season with the club in 2009, having played 19 matches.

As for not crossing for that elusive try, Galea is not alone. Gareth Ellis, Chris Heighington and Alan Schirnack are also looking to break their duck.

I can't wait for the celebration when Gazza breaks his duck. I also can't wait for the celebration when Gibbs finally scores another try, his duck is now 4 seasons long.

It was a cracker too,,,great work Benji…..Well done Danny...

Resign Him .....Wests Tigers Ideal bench player...hits like a hammer.....

GALEA SCORES A TRY IN HIS 100TH GAME
Friday, September 04, 2009

Wests Tigers forward Danny Galea couldn't hide his delight when he crossed for a try against the Bulldogs at the Sydney Football Stadium tonight.

And it couldn’t come at a better time too than his 100th match in the Telstra Premiership.

Galea crossed for the try when he latched onto a pass from five-eighth Benji Marshall and just strolled over from 10 metres out untouched.

The former Penrith centre had not scored a try for the Wests Tigers since joining the club for the 2007 season.

At Penrith, Galea was a dashing centre who had scored 15 tries before being developed into a forward at Concord Oval.

Prior to this season, Galea had played 14 matches for the Wests Tigers since making his club debut against Melbourne at Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford in round 8 of the 2007 season.

Galea has enjoyed his finest season with the club in 2009, having played 20 matches.

As for not crossing for that elusive try, Galea has now left Gareth Ellis, Chris Heighington and Alan Schirnack in the traditional 'nudie run;' stakes.

galea needs to be resigned i reckon he's played well enough in the games he's played this year. solid defender and ever reliable.

I loved the post try celebrations. You could see how much it meant to him and how happy the others were for him to get it.

Danny shows what he can do when given 80 minutes. He could be our Dallas Johnson/David Stagg type player.

But nooo, Sheens wants to let him go..another masterstroke!

@Juro said:
I loved the post try celebrations. You could see how much it meant to him and how happy the others were for him to get it.

He looked stunned when he scored it, then Hino looked like he was copying Fulton and Payten in the Grand Final. Feel sorry for him and the rest of the boys that they'll have to watch Hino, Gazza and Gibbsy take on the nudie run, that can't be a pleasant site.

Back