GALLOWAY DIGS DEEP FOR VIOLET FOUNDATION

G

From the Wests Tigers official website:

GALLOWAY DIGS DEEP FOR VIOLET FOUNDATION
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Wests Tigers prop Keith Galloway has continued to do the hard yards in support of a subject close to his heart.

Galloway is a patron of The Violet Foundation which aims to raise awareness of meningococcal disease and help those who have been affected by it.

With its prevalence increasing, meningococcal disease has now touched the lives of many Australians.

“I have seen first hand the tremendous work The Violet Foundation has done to help people with meningococcal disease,’’ Galloway said.

“As a proud patron for the past few years, I have visited many sick kids in hospital who have been affected by meningococcal. It is a very worrying time for the families involved.

“I encourage Wests Tigers supporters to get behind this great charity.’’

The Violet Foundation will hold its annual dinner on Saturday, August 8, at Cockle Bay’s Dockside.

“The money raised will go a long way to making the dreams of meningococcal survivors come true,’’ Galloway added.

“I have donated a signed Wests Tigers jersey for the dinner which I hope will help raise plenty of money.’’

Last year, The Violet Foundation was able to purchase specialized prosthetic legs for a young man who is now working his way towards becoming a professional personal trainer in health and fitness.

This year, the Violet Foundation has stretched their funds to purchase a horse for a young girl who showed remarkable skill at the Riding for the Disabled program.

With her beloved new companion, she is now enjoying partaking in regular competitions and hopes to become an equestrian Paralympian in the future.

Tickets for the Violet Foundation Awareness Dinner are available for $130 per head. To reserve your seat, contact Colin Greenway on 0418 960 823 or (02) 9825 6251.

For more information on meningococcal disease and the work of The Violet Foundation, visit [www.violetfoundation.org.au](http://www.violetfoundation.org.au)

Great work KG. A horrible, disgusting disease (even worse than Ennis) and the more money raised to help out those who have been affected by it the better.

Back