Galvin's replacement for Rounds 05 & 06?

NZTiger

With a two match suspension likely (and I think the club would be mad to challenge), who is your pick for the Number 6 to partner Sezer?

Sullivan seems the obvious choice...

Fainu (too raw)?

And how does this affect your confidence going into the next two games v Fins and Drags?

Hopefully the boys can continue on this momentum...especially defensively.

it’ll be Sullivan. Latu’s still on a minutes restriction in Cup and they’ll likely want him to do at least a month playing 80 week-to-week before they think about first grade.

both Redcliffe and St George will certainly test Bud out defensively. Redcliffe did a brilliant job of isolating Tanah Boyd this weekend and similar will be done on Bud. it was clear to see in the St George trial how they view him defensively as well.

on the other side of the ball, if he doesn’t run the football then opposition teams will just double team Olam and that’ll be the end of it.

I’m more confident of us beating the Dragons than I am the Dolphins but Galvin’s absence will throw a spanner in the works in regards to combos and structures, especially with a five day turnaround. fingers crossed Bud makes good on the promise he’s shown in the past.

I think Bud is suspect in defence and we will miss Galvin who is solid in that area. I reckon Benji would go with Latu if they weren’t managing his recovery however Bud will probably get the nod.

If he does, he needs to bring his running game.

LOL or he would have put Faataape at 6 and pushed Seyfarth out to the centres.

It has to be Sullivan. Why else was he brought to the club?

Kepaoa stays on the bench as a result. Covers most spots to a degree.

Ideally the principle of 'whoever is performing best in training or in lower grades will get their chance' continues.

I hope that's Sullivan. However, if its not, "in Benji we trust"

Sullivan to 6 and Fainu or Kepaoa on the bench with Twal coming back - depends if Fainu is up to 80 mins before he gets a bench spot.

Big worry this game with or without Galvin - 5 day turnaround and flying to Brisbane vs them off the bye.

it’ll be Sullivan. Latu’s still on a minutes restriction in Cup and they’ll likely want him to do at least a month playing 80 week-to-week before they think about first grade.

both Redcliffe and St George will certainly test Bud out defensively. Redcliffe did a brilliant job of isolating Tanah Boyd this weekend and similar will be done on Bud. it was clear to see in the St George trial how they view him defensively as well.

on the other side of the ball, if he doesn’t run the football then opposition teams will just double team Olam and that’ll be the end of it.

I’m more confident of us beating the Dragons than I am the Dolphins but Galvin’s absence will throw a spanner in the works in regards to combos and structures, especially with a five day turnaround. fingers crossed Bud makes good on the promise he’s shown in the past.
What is a minutes restriction?

It has to be Sullivan. Why else was he brought to the club?

Kepaoa stays on the bench as a result. Covers most spots to a degree.
Yeah, why not.

He stayed on the bench for the Parramatta game as did Bud.

Pretty sure that we ran with only 15 players unless I missed something.

Reactions: 851
I'd imagine Sullivan will be the pick.

Should be told to think run first. It's his biggest, possibly only, strength.

Would be nice to see Fainu on the bench, but wouldn't mind him getting more minutes under his belt in KOE.

Sullivan to 6 and Fainu or Kepaoa on the bench with Twal coming back - depends if Fainu is up to 80 mins before he gets a bench spot.

Big worry this game with or without Galvin - 5 day turnaround and flying to Brisbane vs them off the bye.
They played Titans.

Members online

Back