Game will NOT be broadcast in HD (ever again)

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Thanks to the smart people at Ch9, 9HD will begin broadcasting their new fluffy channel this week.

As a result, the only way you can watch the game will be on the standard Ch9 which is broadcast in poormans Standard Definition

If you are setting your IQ's or TIVO's to record 9HD's broadcast of the game, you will sadly get _Every Heart Beats True: The Jim Stynes Story_ followed by _Evil Angels_ with Meryl Streep and Sam Neil

awesome work Nien!

@Kul said:
If you are setting your IQ's or TIVO's to record 9HD's broadcast of the game, you will sadly get… _Evil Angels_ with Meryl Streep and Sam Neil

I think they play for the Drag-queens :laughing:

Aparantly this is NOT the case.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/blogs/gadgets-on-the-go/foxtel-goes-for-hd-jugular/20100920-15jbb.html

The difference between standard and high-def is most obvious when watching sport, which is one of the reasons while Seven's 7mate and **Nine's Gem will switch back to high-def simulcast mode when footy or cricket is on the main channel**.

Thats crud, I Guess there is little ROI for 9,

I disappointed because I could really tell the difference and appreciated the quality.

![](http://www.havenvideo.com/images/smilies/smiley_applaud.gif)

Well in Channel 9! Oh well, guess I'm gonna have to record both shows just incase.

@shiretiger said:
Aparantly this is NOT the case.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/blogs/gadgets-on-the-go/foxtel-goes-for-hd-jugular/20100920-15jbb.html

The difference between standard and high-def is most obvious when watching sport, which is one of the reasons while Seven's 7mate and **Nine's Gem will switch back to high-def simulcast mode when footy or cricket is on the main channel**.

it's not showing on the in the foxtel guide or nineMSN…

But Foxtel will still show them in HD, and since Foxtel show all matches won;t that mean you'll still be able to watch it in HD if you choose?

Yes I think foxtel is the last bastion of HD TV in Australia. All free-to-air stations are now just covering their legal obligations to transmit so many hours of HD. It is a shame really that we have not embraced HD TV here in Australia.

@Icon said:
But Foxtel will still show them in HD, and since Foxtel show all matches won;t that mean you'll still be able to watch it in HD if you choose?

don't you need to have the HD package though?

@Kul said:
@Icon said:

don't you need to have the HD package though?

If you have Foxtel HD/IQ2, you can watch Free To Air HD Channels(9, 7, 10, etc). Just not the Foxtel HD Channels (Discovery, Nat Geo, etc)

I'm looking at the 9HD program on my IQ2 for Saturday night
it says those other shows will be on

No free to air HD!

Why oh why did i spend so much money on my over-sized TV and over the top home theatre system!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Stupid Nine… they are seriously a sucky channel....

Members online

Back