Gaming

@steven_tiger said:
@bjm8 said:
Waiting for Ashes 09 and wouldn't mind Grand Slam Tennis however i bought Top Spin 3 for Wii when it came out a few months back… hands down the worst game I've ever played, ever. Everything is bad. Graphics, gameplay, controls, music, content, everything.

You can't compare the two mate. GST is BRILLIANT.

Top Spin 3 is a terrible, terrible game. I played it once then took it back. Horrible.

There has been some poor games in the past where I could at least have a bit of fun with… But trying to get through 2 or 3 points in this game is excruciatingly boring. Then there is no options to create your own players... can you do that in GST?

Yep :smiley:

I made myself and in Grand Slam mode, after 2 and a bit years (ie after 9 Grand Slams), I am a 3 star rated (max is 5 star) player and have won 5 of those Grand Slams (I got knocked out in the first round in the first 4).

There isn't an awful lot of options for creating your player, but it's enough.

The only thing I've found is that sometimes my Motion Plus plays up, causing you to mess up the shot/swing horribly. I suppose given it's the first game with MP you can forgive them a little bit.

The game is great fun. It takes a little while to learn (ie not hitting unforced errors ALL the time) but once you've got it, it's awesome. There are three difficulty levels (I win reasonably easily on Medium, and have good battles with Hewitt on Hard :laughing: ), but you can add to this by plugging in the Nunchuck and moving you dude around the court manually. This gets quite difficult. Granted I first tried this when I had only just got the game, and I put it straight on hard… but Rafa was all over me like a rash.

I think one of the best aspects of the game is the graphics. Very cartoony, but also realistic. Federer and Sampras look sensational.

Just picked up Terminator Salvation on XBox 360\. Will get stuck into it tomorrow and let any other FPS fans know whether it's worth buying.

Got Fable II the other day.

One of the better games i've ever played.

Games I want to get are:
-Bioshock 2
-Ashes 2009
-Saints Row 2

And has anybody played the Simpsons Game? (Not Road Rage or Hit and Run, the actual simpsons game). Is it any good?

I am a PS3 man myself. Currently playing Call of Duty: World at War online which I have been doing for quite a while now. No other game has gotten a look in since I bought it.

I bought Fallout 3 at the same time and its still hasn't come out of the case yet. Love the FPS shooter though and really really hanging out for Modern Warfare 2 which is due out in november.

What does everyone think is the best RTS at the moment?

Does anybody here play Dawn of War 2 ???

Company of Heroes and C&C-3 are up there for sure.

@Iron Tiger said:
Got Fable II the other day.

One of the better games i've ever played.

Games I want to get are:
-Bioshock 2
-Ashes 2009
-Saints Row 2

And has anybody played the Simpsons Game? (Not Road Rage or Hit and Run, the actual simpsons game). Is it any good?

my 5 year old son says its good, he 86% completed on it so it should be a breeze for the older folk.

anyway i got a new gamer tag for ps3 its
**to_legit_2_quit_**

is the ashes game an online play game?

What does everyone think is the best RTS at the moment?

On console it would have to be Halo Wars, not too sure about PC.

For PS3 i have Call of Duty MW, Call of Duty WAW, Resistance1, Motorstorm1, GT5 prologue, GTA-4, a baseball game, and a couple of others. Haven't touched a single one of the others since i bought COD WAW the day it was released!!!!!! My PSN is kirrajez, send me a friend invite if your into playing COD WAW online.

As for the Wii, have wii sports, carnival games, cars (for my son), sonic, mario kart, and again a few others. Basically only play wii sports and mario kart.

@Sabre said:
@ahwesome said:
@Iron Tiger said:
I'm still waiting for rugby league 3 to come out.

Im highly doubting it will
and if they do, lets just pray that EA will produce the games!

I agree that EA should produce it. There is so many things that could be improved.

EA's efforts for the non-U.S sports titles such as Rugby or Cricket may have seen their final days as there is simply not enough international interest to make it viable for them to publish - particularly when you compare it to the millions they make with the NFL & Fifa franchises.
EA's only option would to get a local developers down under contracted to these titles under a lower budget and even then, they may be making the smallest of profits which isn't enough for EA to even begin thinking pen to paper. Further more, there is no way a Rugby league game would ever get into the same category that Rugby and Cricket currently sit in with EA, which makes RL in a more dire position in terms of popularity.

Given the limited time and budget on all 3 RL titles to date, Sidhe Interactive have done a very good job and everyone must agree that RL2 was a big step up from RL1, with a 10 yr Franchise and even more customisable options available. RL2:WCE is proof that HES (Tru Blu) are keen to continue the Franchise so who knows, along with RL Challenge set to come out on PSP, there still may be some hope in the RL Franchise yet. :unamused:

Terminator Salvation on XBox 360 is disappointing, pretty straightforward and basic shooter. Graphics aren't great and the story and gameplay are average at best.

@NZTiger said:
P.S Ashes Cricket 2009 demo just released on Xbox Marketplace - downloading as we speak :slight_smile:

Let us know how it plays mate? God I hope its improved over the Ricky Ponting cricket attempts by codemasters! They were nearly unplayable.

@Zaibatsu said:
@NZTiger said:
P.S Ashes Cricket 2009 demo just released on Xbox Marketplace - downloading as we speak :slight_smile:

Let us know how it plays mate? God I hope its improved over the Ricky Ponting cricket attempts by codemasters! They were nearly unplayable.

Not too bad actually - still a few annoying glitches but we finally have a slide to the crease button! When I saw my batsman going in with the one handed put down and was getting run out, I must admit I was fuming a bit ("WTF!! This is still in here??")…..until I accidently discovered the control while runing between the crease.
Struggling to get the timing at the moment but gonna give it a few more goes and see if I can break the 16 runs in 3 overs record >_<
Visually, looks beautiful. Well presented.
Hopefully the full game is a little more polished gameplay wise.

im gonna get a ps3, xbox 360 or nintendo Wii soon i think. i want to get star wars - force unleashed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW0OSiJW9mU

i think they are making a second game for it aswell…

seems a few of us have left4dead. we should get a wests tigers forum left4dead game going online…

i was just playing it for a bit and this is a screen saver i just made using PrtScn and pasting it on paint then putting it on imageshack. as you can see im about to whack some zombies :sunglasses:

![](http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5306/left4deadndi.jpg)

This is I playing 'spore' and it's in the cell stage. The cell stage is under water and it's the first level of the game. It's when your species begins and you decide how it evolves (you choose how big it is, what colour, how many limbs or whatever). I'm controlling the green thing that has 6 arms/legs and 6 spikes. I'm going for that green food so he gets more DNA points that I can use to evolve the species but I gotta avoid some carnivours :eek:pen_mouth:

![](http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6341/sporecell.jpg)

Back