Gareth Ellis!

TigerRock

Is the best second rower in the world bar none! This machine never stops and is worth every cent we are paying him

really glad he signed on with us hope he retires with us and becomes aussie tiger for life!!!!

Gareth took his time tp find his feet playing in the NRL. Now, he is certainly looking like one of the best buys made by any NRL team over the past few years. It would be great if he played the rest of his career for the Tigers.

Why do people rate Burgess above this guy???????????????

Ellis definitely doesn't get the wraps he deserves.

Well you can thank Mark Oneil, Manly were chasing him and buckets pointed him our way

An unbelievable player. He does the work of two blokes on a football field. Does anyone know if Fox Sports are showing that Test Match he is playing in?

Mate….gotta love this guy...he is the best second rower in the world...I am proud to have him on our team. He is the epitome of a professional sportsman. Need a role model..this is your man! Thanks to you also Buckets!

I'm very glad the Tigers are letting him go back to the UK to play the test match. After all he's put in for the team the last season and a half, I would've felt very sorry for him if we didn't let him go.

@alex said:
Why do people rate Burgess above this guy???????????????

People are idiots.

As long as he keeps playing as good as he is, they can say whatever they want! :slight_smile:

To think some people didn't want him here and even went as far as calling him a pillow.

Only an idiot would think Ellis was as soft as a pillow…. :unamused:

GARETH ARMY
GARETH ARMY
GARETH ARMY.......

Would not swap him for any other player in the comp....

FINALLY a commentator gave him a compliment.

Vossy suggested he's the best forward in the game at the moment after getting 2 MOM's from the last 3 games.

Freddy then said the last 4 weeks have been pouring rain, no wonder the pom is doing so well!

Gareth the great! I just wish someone would follow him when he runs (Daniela would be good) and be there for an offload. He's always looking for someone as he crashes through defenders.

@alex said:
FINALLY a commentator gave him a compliment.

Vossy suggested he's the best forward in the game at the moment after getting 2 MOM's from the last 3 games.

Freddy then said the last 4 weeks have been pouring rain, no wonder the pom is doing so well!

Sterlo has given him a few compliments this year in some of our Friday night matches, and now Gus is saying that he's a real good player.

I'm with you guys, he didn't receive a lot of wraps at all especially last year and especially compared to Burgess.

It's well deserved and I think he is very happy with his decision to come out here. To me it felt like his career in England was just stalling a little bit, as if he was in a comfort zone, so full credit to the bloke to make a change and come out here.

And it looks like its having a good flow on affect with Burgess and Flanagan coming out here and maybe more to come.

@Chris said:
To think some people didn't want him here and even went as far as calling him a pillow.

well obviously they hadnt seen much of him and of wat they saw in they world cup was ordinary as well

but we already knew how good he was…. we watch him week in week out .....who cares what sterlo.freddy,gus,vossy (who is a full on nobody in the the game ) think........plenty want to ride the tigers bandwagon when they are winning .....

Not only is Ellis a "rock" on the field,he is also class,no "mouth garbage" from this bloke,he is there to play footy and nothing else,good on you "champ"you are not hard to respect.

Members online

Back