General Rugby League Media

Absolutely Tiger One. Spot on. Just seems to take a bit longer for footy players. That's why maybe its important to have a coach who knows a little about life. Thank You Tiger One and thanks again for your wonderful thread. Well thought out. In the space and words you shared.

26 year old man has a few beers and then has a few more. Next minute he’s wrestling his mate. Nothing to see here.
It’s a story because they are professional athletes on the cusp of starting a 8 month long campaign.
Having a couple of beers is very different to losing control like this…only a moron would get this plastered under those circumstances.

Reactions: BZN
It’s a story because they are professional athletes on the cusp of starting a 8 month long campaign.
Having a couple of beers is very different to losing control like this…only a moron would get this plastered under those circumstances.
Plenty of us were morons at 26 I think. There’s still nearly a month till they keep score. Risk taking behaviour is part and parcel of the game. James Graham has done some good podcasts around this topic. You will never get Leaguies who behave 100% to society standards.

Last edited:
Plenty of us were morons at 26 I think. There’s still nearly a month till they keep score. Risk taking behaviour is part and parcel of the game. James Graham has done some good podcasts around this topic. You will never get Leaguies who behave 100% to society standards.
Lol that’s a great effort at making excuses.
Risk taking behaviour happens in many professions. A lot more so than footy by the way..that’s a cop out.
Do you know why ‘leaguies’ struggle to behave 100% to society standards?
Fundamentally they are as dumb as dog shit yet are alpha dogs who are protected by sycophants. A lot don’t think the rules apply to them due to the level of hubris they possess.
It’ll be swept under the carpet, so play on.

Risk taking behaviour happens in many professions. A lot more so than footy by the way..that’s a cop out.
Fundamentally they are as dumb as dog shit yet are alpha dogs who are protected by sycophants. A lot don’t think the rules apply to them due to the level of hubris they possess.
You get any group of 30 blokes together on the drink I bet there’s at least 2 idiots amongst them though

Among the league fraternity there are many very well educated players and other participants. Also some dumb shits. Stereotyping a whole sport as dumb as dogshit says way more about you than it does about them.

Fair dinkum, two guys had a wrestle in a park after a few beers. It’s called boys being boys. Talk about precious.

You get any group of 30 blokes together on the drink I bet there’s at least 2 idiots amongst them though
Exactly. Including coppers, soldiers and paramedics. Who are also risk takers.

Whole worlds gone soft, find a real issue to complain about.

Among the league fraternity there are many very well educated players and other participants. Also some dumb shits. Stereotyping a whole sport as dumb as dogshit says way more about you than it does about them.

Fair dinkum, two guys had a wrestle in a park after a few beers. It’s called boys being boys. Talk about precious.
Exactly, who cares? Nobody was hurt, they were only wrestling themselves, imo the problem is the pissant that filmed it and released a private moment just to cause hurt, shame and embarrassment.. also Carrigan is no dummy, I’d put his educaction and intellect up against almost anybody that wants to insult and denigrate him due to a drunken performance that was definitely out of character for him.. he is a very articulate, responsible and respectful young man..

Exactly, who cares? Nobody was hurt, they were only wrestling themselves, imo the problem is the pissant that filmed it and released a private moment just to cause hurt, shame and embarrassment.. also Carrigan is no dummy, I’d put his educaction and intellect up against almost anybody that wants to insult and denigrate him due to a drunken performance that was definitely out of character for him.. he is a very articulate, responsible and respectful young man..
They wrestle at training as part of their profession. Physicality is part of their make up, if it was against a women or innocent member of society lock them up. Otherwise, move on.

In other words "it's not his go" lol

Seriously though I agree with you... It's just a beat up I really fail to see what the media expect publicising this?
I don't see any section of society being up in arms over this.. It is nothing
Then I Read this morning the NRL integrity committee are going to 'investigate' Josh alioa liking a social post denigrating Latrell... While I have no time for racism I had to laugh at the image I had in my mind of them acty investigating this... I don't know how straight faces could be be maintained... I'm no Josh Aloia fan and it says a bit. More about him if true... Funny old world we live in these days...sad really

NRL media is a business all in its own

Members online

Back