Genuine advice sought…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday, Tokyo
Monday, Las Vegas
Friday, Melbourne

Yeah, she has a private jet.
But that work ethic is legit.
It’s very commendable yet not re-inventing the wheel. It’s been done many times previously.

There is certainly a hive mind mentality amongst women towards her.
Yeah, she's massive.
I don't know any blokes that listen to her.

I find it funny though, at the pub on Monday watching the super bowl - the amount of grown men complaining about her 😂😂

She's a superstar. It makes sense to show her at the event. Women I know who are in no way into sports, showed some interest in the NFL as they knew she was involved in a some way.

I mentioned it the other day in the NFL thread, but there was a whole list of betting markets in the SB dedicated to her.

- The over/under on how many times the camera would show her
- Whether it would show her during the Anthem
- What colour dress she‘d wear
- What colour lipstick
- Whether Kelce would propose
- Whether she would have Kanye West removed from The Super Bowl.

I don’t agree with the rest of your post as her output is too middle of the road for me, but this sentence does hold weight. Spanning generations. Likely to hold 3 within the next 10-15 years.

You'd argue in an empty room...

Might be to middle of the road for you, me and millions of others.
- The numbers don't lie.... It's that simple.
No pop artist in the last 30 years is doing what she's done - And she's not done (No where near it)
I could (And do) say the same thing you've written about the shit show that is Powderfinger...

You're wrong about her being around for the next 15 years, Britney Spears is still around after doing next to nothing for an eternity... And anything she ever did has half as much substance and what TS is doing...

Yeah, she's massive.
I don't know any blokes that listen to her.

I find it funny though, at the pub on Monday watching the super bowl - the amount of grown men complaining about her 😂😂

She's a superstar. It makes sense to show her at the event. Women I know who are in no way into sports, showed some interest in the NFL as they knew she was involved in a some way.

There's a ballad she wrote with Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol 10 years or so ago...
It's a fantastic song.

Blokes are meatheads generally when it comes to music.
It's all or nothing....
Very rarely they observe the craft of songwriting when judging a song, Unless of course - The do it themselves.

When blokes work out not all music is about what they love or don't love
- Then the opinion of it will be judged a little more fairly....

I don’t agree with the rest of your post as her output is too middle of the road for me, but this sentence does hold weight. Spanning generations. Likely to hold 3 within the next 10-15 years.
Yeah, that's where I think the majority of the recent spark in renewed craze for her has come from.

She's been releasing music for 17 years, so some of her original audience now have children.

Plus (and I don't think this is an opinion-based statement) she's changed her style enough over the years to adapt to the changing pop music landscape, while also maintaining her core audience, while also releasing music on the side that most music critics would enjoy (e.g. her singer-songwriter-oriented albums).

A lot of her success comes down to longevity and maintaining/developing her audience.

This would apply to a fad like the Spice Girls 25 years ago. A group that popped up out of nowhere, manufactured by a record company.

She works really hard and is good at what she does
That on its own doesn’t answer the question for mine. Plenty of others do similarly.
I guess I’m wondering how this artist who came from country origins, writes catchy yet dull songs, is not particularly deep thinking has become so influential.
It reminds me of the Twilight Saga craze. Very middle of the road films…none rated over 5.5/10 on IMDB, made over $5.3billion at the box office. People lost their minds for years over them.
If Swift just hit the scene you could understand the spike in her popularity as the new shiny thing.

Simple question with a complicated answer.
Why is Taylor Swift so popular?
Cheers.
Its way over the top isn't it. The media hype is unbearable. I liked Tom Brady's answer when he was asked about her at the Super Bowl. He basically said the SB is about football and left it at that.

That on its own doesn’t answer the question for mine. Plenty of others do similarly.
I guess I’m wondering how this artist who came from country origins, writes catchy yet dull songs, is not particularly deep thinking has become so influential.
It reminds me of the Twilight Saga craze. Very middle of the road films…none rated over 5.5/10 on IMDB, made over $5.3billion at the box office. People lost their minds for years over them.
If Swift just hit the scene you could understand the spike in her popularity as the new shiny thing.
It’s a bit of an a generational thing. It’s pretty hard for guys our age to identity with what girls aged 10-25 go crazy over. We aren’t exactly going to relate.

Its way over the top isn't it. The media hype is unbearable. I liked Tom Brady's answer when he was asked about her at the Super Bowl. He basically said the SB is about football and left it at that.
What about the HT show and the commercials? It’s not just about football, the whole thing is a spectacle.

White, emotional, pretty, talented. Any other questions?

You'd argue in an empty room...

Might be to middle of the road for you, me and millions of others.
- The numbers don't lie.... It's that simple.
No pop artist in the last 30 years is doing what she's done - And she's not done (No where near it)
I could (And do) say the same thing you've written about the shit show that is Powderfinger...

You're wrong about her being around for the next 15 years, Britney Spears is still around after doing next to nothing for an eternity... And anything she ever did has half as much substance and what TS is doing...
You’ve missed the whole point of what I’m asking.
Additionally, you’ve missed the point I was making about the next 15 years.

It’s a bit of an a generational thing. It’s pretty hard for guys our age to identity with what girls aged 10-25 go crazy over. We aren’t exactly going to relate.
Thus the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back