Get To Campbelltown Next Sunday!!

@BZN

I grew up in Ashfield went to high school next to the club, played in Wests juniors and the Magpies were at Lidcombe when I first got hooked in about '70
So by the time the fibros and silvertails were created by Roy, I was a 14/15yo westie punk getting totally sucked in by Roy's mind games - which worked a lot of the time for a few years - we were feared and the bad boys of the comp... The world was against us blah blah blah but everyone lapped it uo
10 years later we are in Cambo, somewhere I'd never heard of and never went that far for holidays... I guess I lost something I loved and it was replaced by something no where near what we lost.
I know we still survived and was grateful for that... But to this day travelling to Cambo is a rare thing for me... Never gave up on them just didn't go watch live as much
I guess yiu could compare it to the Parra move recently it just didn't feel right for me at the time

G'day Ink...I'm interested to know why you say you "really have no attachment to CSS". And this doesn't only apply to you :).
Maybe the attachment to a ground, any ground, starts and stems from early childhood or early adulthood memories when you had good times with your family, friends............ and a winning football team.

I guess I would still have a great attachment to firstly Pratten Park and then Lidcombe Oval if I was ever to go back and watch the Magpies or Wests Tigers play there.
But P.P. will obviously never happen, and Imo [which I have said before on here] Wests Magpies shouldn't be playing at Lidcombe Oval. The ABC Grandstand team on the day said the Magpies should be playing at CSS as the warm-up game to the main game.
We'll never get enough people/locals with an attachment to CSS until we get a team that plays well enough to WIN their fair share of matches there.
How many people do you reckon have an attachment to the Olympic Stadium at Homebush? I'd say very few, but 80,000 people go there on Grand Final day to be entertained and get pumped by some good footy.
The Campbelltown locals have never had that on a consistent basis, and they are the ones we are trying to encourage to go to WTs matches, consistently.
I have a little attachment to the stadium but not because NRL . Back in the Olympic configuration, I saw Jonah Lomu run amok against wallabies and an absolutely amazing game of rugby when I was 17 .
I was definitely a kid rugby missed the boat on . My point is I think you’re right , I wouldn’t even say it’s early childhood . More the pre teen - late teen formative years . I went LO a lot when I was 5-6 , didn’t go for years for geography reasons and returned in my 20s . I didn’t / don’t have the extreme attachment to the place , for me the attraction is we win there and the atmosphere is always strong because the crowd wants to be involved in the outcome of the match . Cambo , IMO is a really good day out for the family …… and I don’t think that atmosphere lends itself to affecting outcomes of footy matches

Is it just me or do we really need the crap music when the ball isn’t in play. At one stage a section of the crowd were trying to get the Tigers chant going and were drowned out by whoever puts this garbage on. I go to the football to watch the football and don’t see the relevance of continual snippets of really bad music
Same, Kiama! Drives me nuts. I haaaaaate it

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back