Gibbs and Skando stand-up

Peaches

Please if anyone else saw this, post below. Well done to everyone in the scrum for allowing Farah to get square. Gibbs and Skando were holding their props while Ellis and Galea got in between Farah/Watts and their back-row. This gave Farah valuable square-up time and judging by Watts head after that incident, I'ld say Farah came out on top.

I just thought it was very impressive how the forwards got in between and thought it deserved a mention.

The rest of their game was very good too.

Apart from give away his usual penalty,it was the only thing Pillow Gibbs did and I don't think he was the brains trust behind the holding up idea either :unamused:

@tiger3 said:
Apart from give away his usual penalty,it was the only thing Pillow Gibbs did and I don't think he was the brains trust behind the holding up idea either :unamused:

Probably not the brains but a big enough pawn.

To be fair Gibbs did his job today.

I am a pretty harsh critic of the guy but apart from the bad miss/non attempt on Watts he was a part of I thought he put in and did what was asked of him

Gibbs was good again today, except for leaving the hole (I think it was him) for Watts to run through to set up Bowen.

He ran hard and gave good leg drive.

You can whinge all you want, but he has really stepped up the last two months.

I am happy with Gibbs form, and I hope that when Galloway returns it drives Gibbs to play even better.

Gibbs bent the line and went forward….as for thre penalty....good move to give it away we where a shambles...Oh and who was there to tackle him in the first place after the bust....that's right....Gibbs

Skando leads the way when he is on the park everytime.....Outstanding....

Anyone bagging Gibbs after today is clueless…

Like a few here I'm pretty quick to bag him out myself and I'm far from a fan of his... but he played great today!

And Allan.. i mentioned the same thing to my old man about Skando and Gibbs... didn't realise Galea and Ellis played a starring role... BUT GREAT TEAM WORKS GUYS!! haha

@tiger3 said:

In the post-match press conference Sheens mentioned that a message was sent out to Gibbs via Royce to "do something", so maybe he was the brains trust.

@smeghead said:

I am a pretty harsh critic of the guy but apart from the bad miss/non attempt on Watts he was a part of I thought he put in and did what was asked of him

I am Gibbs' harshest critic but aside from another stupid penalty he gave away, he was great today.

If he plays like that every week he'll shut me up, the problem is he's not consistent.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@smeghead said:

I am Gibbs' harshest critic but aside from another stupid penalty he gave away, he was great today.

If he plays like that every week he'll shut me up, the problem is he's not consistent.

I reckon he's having his best season since pulling on a Tigers jersey. He's certainly making more yardage on a consistent basis than previous years.

@willow said:
I reckon he's having his best season since pulling on a Tigers jersey. He's certainly making more yardage on a consistent basis than previous years.

I agree - he has had a few poor games but overall its been a big improvement.

Yeah I saw that the big boys helped out their captain by giving him opportunity to square up the leger on that cheap shot merchant Watts after the ref(s) did absolutely nothing about it.

Ellis I think would have been the instigator because he was the only one standing over Farah protecting him from the first hit.

I loved seeing Farah get that little bastard…

I also loved when Farah was asked in the post match press conference about it, he said "the ref told us to keep it short, and it was..." with a big smile on him.

Also great that Sheensy backed up the boys publically for the get square...

they both played well.
congrats guys on a good gutsy effort.
no one at all backed down in the team.
well done. :smiley:

they also did a very good job of making sure the tv cameras couldn;t get a look at how it flared up the second time around (& every camera would have been trying for an angle.
That lack of proof may well save Robbie from a week or 2 on the sideline.
Top work by all concerned!

Bryce Gibbs cops a fair bit on here, but he has really been putting in this season for mine. His biggest problem is that he is kind of ineffective in attack, but defensively he's great.

If the Tigers can score a good metre gaining prop, team him with Galloway, then Gibbs can be a Tiger for life for all I care- he can come on & do the clean up work.

And John Skandalis….I was really unsure when I heard he was coming back this season, but fair dinkum- he's the best prop on the field for the Tigers with Galloway out. I'll be VERY happy to have Gibbs & Skando as bench players next season.

The boys made me proud to be a tiger with that get-square.

:smiley: Yeah it was great they let Robbie get in one on one and give the goose exactly what he deserved.

The commentry were talking about a headbutt being the reason we got the penalty. It would be interesting to know.

I loved the way the boys kept the rest of th cows out of it and let farah get his own back. One-to-one, fair and square. Much better than a sly elbow to the face when Farah couldn't hit back. Love it when the tigers play for each other - even when it's a punch up.

Back