Gildart - The Last And Only Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarySt

Lots of positives last 2 weeks but major negative from last night was when Gildart was on the field.

Honestly I never want to see him in first grade again. Was absolutely dog walked by Ramien in our game v sharks and Campbell Graham/Keaon loved running past him last night too.

I'm concerned with Daine out we now have a gap at centre again if Toa goes to FB... Hopefully Jimmy is fit again next week otherwise we may have a collossal mismatch again with gildart on suli.

Understand he has a crack but he gets found out in defense and is too small to be an NRL centre

Lots of positives last 2 weeks but major negative from last night was when Gildart was on the field.

Honestly I never want to see him in first grade again. Was absolutely dog walked by Ramien in our game v sharks and Campbell Graham/Keaon loved running past him last night too.

I'm concerned with Daine out we now have a gap at centre again if Toa goes to FB... Hopefully Jimmy is fit again next week otherwise we may have a collossal mismatch again with gildart on suli.

Understand he has a crack but he gets found out in defense and is too small to be an NRL centre
He will be ok. There are plenty worse than him. Bradman Best anyone?

Gildart would be on Lomax not Suli. Either way, he's a reserve grader with massive defensive issues. The scariest thing about Gildarts defense is he is a horrible decision maker in defense AND is a poor tackler. Cannot see him in the NRL beyond this season unfortuantely.

Yah major doubts at the moment.

Glimpses with ball-in-hand, has sharp footwork that can often beat his opposite. But after that no pace or good decision making.

Good bloke by the looks of it but yeah....
On field, he's lacking.

Most predicted this.
Too small, too weak and it's really showing.

Centre has been an issue for us, for years and Oli doesn't help that.

Good bloke by the looks of it but yeah....
On field, he's lacking.

Most predicted this.
Too small, too weak and it's really showing.

Centre has been an issue for us, for years and Oli doesn't help that.
Is it possible that it’s not his size or lack of pace which is the issue , but his indecision? Just saying, hasn’t suddenly got slower or smaller. If that’s the case, then he could come good? Needs a season in cup?

He should be nowhere near our first grade team, gave me at least three heart attack moments against the rabbits, his defense is poo and will cost us games if he is selected.

His decision making in defence is his main problem,he is far too indicisive and because of this he gives all attacking players far too many oprions on how to get past him.Sadly this is not new but a continuation of what he has done in ESL.
His "efforts" in defence would have been noted by every opposing coach and he will be exploited every week.He cost us the last try on Saturday by leaving a massive hole and it nearly cost us the game.He belongs in the reggies and when our injured players get back he can sit on the magpies bench and watch how to defend

Just needs to sort his defence and he'll do fine.
That's what I thought.
At the moment though he needs to bulk up without loosing speed. That is a super difficult feat. I would love it though if he combines with one of our wingers and they actually form a defensive line.

Reactions: BZN
I think if the big second rower is charging at him he'll always choose the block player to avoid the tackle.

Just needs to sort his defence and he'll do fine.
It's the hardest spot on the field to defend...
He's mid way through his career and played at international level,
He is so far from close to acceptable it's frightening...

He's not fixing anything - There's been better players from the UK in the centres position than him out here in recent years, And they've all been woeful.
He's no different - I'd be shocked to see him survive the length of his contract....

Get your selfies with him as soon as you can is my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back