Glass half full?

Tiger_heart

I thought after a forgetful first half, we looked a lot better in the second half. So I am expecting to read mixed reviews on tonight's game.
For mine, we are a work in progress but at least I am starting to see what look like solid foundations to build on. I do think Benji needs to reconsider some of our players - JT is one, never been a big fan and will not miss him. Sullivan is another. But certainly looking forward to seeing the Tigers in the coming weeks, with a sense of anticipation which hasn't been there for a while.

I think we need to see more of Latu.
Didn't really get a chance to shine tonight.

Jayden Sullivan, I think the red pen is through him already. Maybe a stint in a cup & then re-asess.

Jnr Tupou has the potential to be a fantastic player, unfortunately he's leaving so maybe it's time to make adjustments and plan ahead.

The rest of the 17 seem to be working well though.

We went down by 14 which should of been more
Came back and was on the front foot until a call went against us
They scored and we hit back
We lost Bateman & both Fainu’s (Latu hamstring)

We responded and had a dig, made it a difficult game. Last few years we would’ve been thumped. We showed resilience.

Something to work with for sure.

I really think some on here need to take a deep breath and think about our team this year,it is a mix of old and experienced as well as young and learning...
Already after tonights game we can see they kept trying and didnt drop the head..the ref had a very ordinary game in my opinion but that also helps the youth learn that these things happen regularly and they have to move on and play solid after an unfortunate ruling...
Bud didnt have that bad a game its just his haters that want to get rid of him,he may need time as did Seyfarth,now look at his games,it wasnt that long ago everybody wanted him gone and one of our great forum members was going to cut up his membership and all if Seyfarth was selected in FG again...
Galvin may have been missed,BUT we really wont know because most are assumeing he would of won us the game or our performance was better,it would be great to have a crystal ball..Aiden Sezar is the real deal organising half we have needed,I hope he continues with us after this year,its great to say we have great youth however they need leadership
Overall after a very hard game on Monday and a short turnaround these guys did very well..
Well done team and coaches.....

Very happy with the attitude in the team right now, apart from some weird lapses in defence in the middle tonight leading to long range tries. I think Sullivan is the only one we got wrong so far. Every time I think Faatape is struggling he does something good, ditto Staines. Not much else to complain about if we can get our best 17 out there.

Very happy with the attitude in the team right now, apart from some weird lapses in defence in the middle tonight leading to long range tries. I think Sullivan is the only one we got wrong so far. Every time I think Faatape is struggling he does something good, ditto Staines. Not much else to complain about if we can get our best 17 out there.
Did you people watch Batemen i cant believe nobody ever mentions how bad he is.Misses tackles gives away stupid free kicks does nothing with the ball. Am i the only one who sees this.

We done so many things wrong. So many individual moments we stuffed up but with 10 minutes to go I still thought we could win. We haven’t had a team that fights like this for a long time. I am prepared to forgive a few for tonight. A couple of tweaks needed but nothing drastic. Fingers crossed on the injury front

Did you people watch Batemen i cant believe nobody ever mentions how bad he is.Misses tackles gives away stupid free kicks does nothing with the ball. Am i the only one who sees this.
He's no Seyfarth, that's for sure.

Just kidding.
Bit of a meat head... when he's good, he's great.
When he's bad, he's shocking.

I like him and he tries but he needs to be consistent and really lead from the front, we expect more from him.

Haha. Staines & Faatape made a fool of me. Soon as I posted he needed a spell in ressies he scores a double!! I might death ride em a bit more.

Was very encouraging. We no longer look pedestrian in attack. We throw the ball around and ask a lot of questions. We get out of our own half and build pressure. Tonight we had substitute half and have other combos are still developing. We’ll score a lot more tries than other years.

Defensively we were very strong, but had a few key lapses which were clinically exploited. Our enthusiasm and resilience is miles apart from preceding years.

Overall, we were competitive against a well drilled side with some great forwards and a sizzling fullback. The Dolphins are very good, were pros tonight and probably would have beaten most teams.

Any other year we would have got belted tonight. If we play consistently like that and get better throughout the year, I’m confident we will win enough games to make the 8.

Glass definitely more than half full.

Sezer, Stef and Faatape were standout.
Api and Olam class.

We need a few gun forwards, a more impactful bench and a few key players to pick up their game. Namely:

Papalii - just hasn’t been at the Parramatta level. Prone to making poor decisions. Perhaps his fitness is the cause of lapses.
Klemmer - unfortunately becoming a plodder.
Bateman - he brings so much starch in defense and I love a hardman, but he has brain explosions. Also kills momentum in attack when he gets the ball (and seldom passes).
Sullivan …performances so far haven’t done him any favours. He is a depth option at best.
Tupou - I’ve always liked him and wanted him to properly breakout, but he hasn’t, so seeing as he leaving, I don’t see the point of playing him.

I praised him the last fortnight after being extremely critical most of his time here, let's see how he goes but personally trying to not yo-yo every game.

Staff online

Back