Go Wests

tigersrule4life

David Kidwell has agreed to terms as assistant coach at Wests Tigers. Kidwell is leaving Melbourne at the end of their finals campaign to be closer to his family and will take up the post as an assistant to Michael Potter. The former New Zealand international is highly regarded at the Storm and it is hoped he will follow Craig Bellamy's former right-hand man Michael Maguire and become a first-grade coach. The Tigers are likely to appoint Brad Fittler as a halves coach and Steve Roach to mentor the forwards.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/maguire-on-top-of-eels-wish-list-20130914-2trox.html#ixzz2euen3z2T

Blocker just continues to linger yr in yr out. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel

I was a Balmain fan and loved Blocker as a player, but i gotta question his knowledge of today's game. Fittler I think will be a great acquisition for our halves.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Yeah Fittler would be a good halves coach , but he and Brooks are completely different players and I wonder who will even be the 6 at this stage

Great move getting Kidwell and Fittler. Not so sure about Roach, but I like the guy. He was a great prop and he's a straight shooter so who knows, it could work out well - time will tell I guess.

@Flippedy said:
Great move getting Kidwell and Fittler. Not so sure about Roach, but I like the guy. He was a great prop and he's a straight shooter so who knows, it could work out well - time will tell I guess.

When Roach was at Manly as forward coach they were the softest they had been for years once he moved on the forwards progressed ..this signing is another for the Balmain old boys club they just never get there noses out of the trough a bad signing,Kidwell is an astute signing I have heard great things , Fittler I don,t know to be honest, Payten another job for the boys being promoted to early can anyone tell me what he brings to the table?.

I'd like to see Folkes in some capacity again not Roach I'm a Balmain old boy but still don't want him but I guess its Potters choice.

Roach is very questionable appointment the rest I like. I think Payten will be good for the young ones as he has already coached them to a grand final win also good for our attack.

@Eye Of Da Tiger said:
Roach is very questionable appointment the rest I like. I think Payten will be good for the young ones as he has already coached them to a grand final win also good for our attack.

Yeah not sure about Roach…

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

@innsaneink said:
Roach was here this year as a 'forwards mentor' or some such rubbish

That's simply not true Ink, He was working with the club as in a corporate sponsorships role…
He is a well known media personality and a legend of the game, I'm not too sure how he faired in this role this year
- I would assume WT's were a hard sell in 2013

I'm sure he stuck his head in from time to time, No doubt there.
Should he?
I don't believe so... Regardless of who he is and what he has done, A forward from 20yrs ago offers nothing in the modern game....
I'd like to see Gordon Tallis or the likes in, Someone current enough to know what's happening... And tough enough to instil some aggression in our pack... AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.. SOME LEG SPEED!!

Isn't Benny Galea coming back to the club in a role as well

Wouldn't mind him having a role with the forwards as well

@batboy said:
@innsaneink said:
Roach was here this year as a 'forwards mentor' or some such rubbish

That's simply not true Ink, He was working with the club as in a corporate sponsorships role…
He is a well known media personality and a legend of the game, I'm not too sure how he faired in this role this year
- I would assume WT's were a hard sell in 2013

I'm sure he stuck his head in from time to time, No doubt there.
Should he?
I don't believe so... Regardless of who he is and what he has done, A forward from 20yrs ago offers nothing in the modern game....
I'd like to see Gordon Tallis or the likes in, Someone current enough to know what's happening... And tough enough to instil some aggression in our pack... AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.. SOME LEG SPEED!!

\

The Sunday Telegraph
February 10, 2013 12:00AM
>
…...................Meanwhile, big Blocker is back at his beloved Wests Tigers, almost a decade after coach Tim Sheens showed him the door.
>
New coach Mick Potter has welcomed back the Tigers legend as a coaching consultant to work with the forwards.
>
He is also helping out in sales and marketing.
>
"I've always loved this place," Blocker said, "and it's great to be back helping out.
>
"It will be a good year.........................
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/kick-out-the-drug-quacks-for-life/story-e6frexnr-1226574540111

Um, you people realise we haven't officially signed blocker, right? Or Freddie.

Wait until announcements are made before getting your knickers in a knot.

Latest posts

Back