TEAM LIST Round 10 vs. Knights

Team List
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have moved Ice to #13.

I would have kept Bateman at #13.

I probably would have shifted Galvin out of the halves to ease the pressure on him by now.

I'd have dropped Staines.

I'd not have dropped Faatape.

But- I'm not an NRL coach, so I'm just talking out of my hat.

There is talent in the squad. I think we can all see it. Injuries are being a bit tough now & depth is being exposed.

I think they can beat the Knights. I'm not sure I'd have felt confident a year or two ago. But now- I think we can beat them.

Even if the club doesn't follow my suggestions.

Fools. Ha!

Having called for Papali'i to be moved to the middle for a long time, now it has finally occurred I just hope that he doesn't prove me to have been wrong.

Like others, I don't get the logic of splitting up the developing partnership of Naden and Staines on the right, but do hope that we are wrong if it works.

The main thing I want of Bateman moving to the right edge will be somewhat protecting Sullivan defensively and putting a rocket up him at the same time to get more involved. The guy has talent that can not be taught, so WT coaching staff need to unlock some to get better results out of him, starting at Tamworth

He didn't even run around at training today. Resting
or late change who knows, didn't see him do much
I just do not rate Toa at all. He is very contact shy, he does not seem to have any will to win or willingness to put his body on the line.. he was abysmal in reserve grade last week .. this change has really distressed me as I cannot see any possible upside to it.. Staines and Naden were finally getting some understanding and combination together and we split them for bloody TOA? So damn silly…

Can’t say that Benji isn’t willing to make considered changes, and he seems to be on the same page as the bulk of posters here. I also think he is handling the media role of head coach very well. He has been honest and direct and his post game interviews have been on the money.
I hope the squad can lift their efforts and put in an 80 minute performance for him and the rest of us poor fans.

Papi and Bateman carry the load of D. Bateman top tackler for the last two weeks and IPap the two weeks before that. I expect that IPap will top the tackle count this week at 13.
Papi will appreciate defending in the middle as well hopefully shouldn’t have to deal with the speed of an attacking half or fullback.
He looks like he has bulked up this season which has done nothing for his speed of the mark in defence especially when defending on an edge.
Hopefully defending in the middle should see less missed tackles.

Honestly, if we don’t win this week against a pong-less knights with two wests tigers cast offs as their halves (one who I feel is a much much better player than what we currently have) that will be a truly poor result and further evidence that we have really moved nowhere as a club…. Important game

Can’t say that Benji isn’t willing to make considered changes, and he seems to be on the same page as the bulk of posters here. I also think he is handling the media role of head coach very well. He has been honest and direct and his post game interviews have been on the money.
I hope the squad can lift their efforts and put in an 80 minute performance for him and the rest of us poor fans.
I think he would make more changes ,but watching the KO team he is very limited who he can pick.

probably the most winnable game for us in the next month

Knights without a fit and firing Ponga aren’t much better than us, but they’ve definitely pulled up with some tough wins

Was looking forward to Galvin and Fainu playing togeather before Fainus injury. Don't think Sullivan has the ability to lead the squad around. Fingers crossed I'm totally wrong and we walk all over them.

Newcastle KnightsMatches: 36Wests Tigers

Overall (2000-2023)​

19​
Won17
11​
Home Wins8
8​
Away Wins9
Doesn't get much even than this..

Looks like the cards have been shuffled a little. It will come down to who wants it more (cliché time.. ;-) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back