Has Gal done us a favour?

tigerap

Apart from Cameron Smith my next hated NRL player is Paul Gallen, so there maybe some bias against him in my post...but...Gallen after yesterday’s loss to Canberra put it to his teammates that they should not consider themselves as first graders if they dont beat us on Sunday....call it a captain revving up his players, but I’m calling it for what Gal really is and that is a self centred egomaniac...had this not been potentially his last NRL game, I doubt he would have said that to his team mates...Gal there is no I in Team..mate.....and deep down I reckon more than a few would have thought to themselves who the heck is he to say we are not first graders....that sort of statement can have the opposite intended effect and demotivate players, besides, as if they don’t have enough pressure on them, now they have to prove to big Gal that they are first graders...it wouldn’t surprise me if some of the Sharkies Can’t wait to see the backside of Gal...I hope I’m right....

Honestly lads, it should be an easy one, regardless of what Paul Gallen says.The Sharks played their Grand Final last week and should be drained and deflated this weekend, there for the taking.

His teammates may be thinking that they are carrying a player that has played one season too long.

Hopefully he decides it is up to him and takes plenty of dead hit ups

@tigerap said in [Has Gal done us a favour?](/post/1057681) said:
Apart from Cameron Smith my next hated NRL player is Paul Gallen, so there maybe some bias against him in my post...but...Gallen after yesterday’s loss to Canberra put it to his teammates that they should not consider themselves as first graders if they dont beat us on Sunday....call it a captain revving up his players, but I’m calling it for what Gal really is and that is a self centred egomaniac...had this not been potentially his last NRL game, I doubt he would have said that to his team mates...Gal there is no I in Team..mate.....and deep down I reckon more than a few would have thought to themselves who the heck is he to say we are not first graders....that sort of statement can have the opposite intended effect and demotivate players, besides, as if they don’t have enough pressure on them, now they have to prove to big Gal that they are first graders...it wouldn’t surprise me if some of the Sharkies Can’t wait to see the backside of Gal...I hope I’m right....

MADGE should get that quote blown up and put on the wall in the dressing room.

I think we are now coached by a next level professional. Madge has been here before and will have WTs players ready without any distraction from what Gallen said. Gallens comments were a strategic one and aimed to make us loose our composure. Let's not get drawn in. Actions speak louder than words.

Says the guy whose lost more games than any other player in history.

@Elderslie_Tiger said in [Has Gal done us a favour?](/post/1057700) said:
@tigerap said in [Has Gal done us a favour?](/post/1057681) said:

MADGE should get that quote blown up and put on the wall in the dressing room.

I doubt the players would react as emotionally as us supporters.

I was watching a doco last night about the Socceroos qualifying for the World Cup in 2005 and THAT match against Uruguay. Their star Recoba had stated that Uruguay had a "divine right" to play World Cup football.

Nothing worse in sports than disrespecting your opponents, especially not respecting their own investment and desires for the sport.

Gallen is a knob and everyone knows it, hence why basically nobody outside of Cronulla cares that he is retiring and nobody is fawning over him like they did Slater or Thurston. I mean, Gallen captained NSW Origin for an eon and nobody in NSW actually likes him, which speaks volumes.

If Cronulla lose to Wests this weekend, then that just reflects the type of season they've had. Two teams on 24 points; neither side "deserves" to play finals more than the other and neither should be shock if they lose, because both teams have exactly the same thing to play for and both sides have performed equally all season. Heck, both sides even have a retiring long-serving club legend. Couldn't be more similar.

If the players need to be fired up when they are already playing for our 1st finals appearance in 8 seasons they shouldn't be here

But stopping Gal and his forward pack are the key in this one

Never been more confident about a Tigers win, put your house on us, we're playing finals football.

@TIGER said in [Has Gal done us a favour?](/post/1057815) said:
Never been more confident about a Tigers win, put your house on us, we're playing finals football.

Sharks at $1.75 sounds crazy to me but I get we're not objective in here. $2.10 Tiges which means you get 2 houses and an extra bedroom return

Happy to be the underdog with low expectations.

I'll be there though - trying to do my bit.

Back