OFFICIAL Heamasi Makasini #303

As you should be with our abysmal retention of juniors.

Wise words indeed....
Kinda reminds me of the second sentence of my post.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

With the club's poor retention history of promising young players and the tried and true early release playbook used flawlessly against the club so many times, I don't understand how anyone could not be wary.
 
You'll also see fans with spanking new stuff with the tags still on 😅
And a few Phillips/Victas getting around.
I’ve recently upgraded my Black Magpie one, when I say recently, I mean about 15 years ago. I don’t buy many, and I never wash them after a win but always wash after a loss, so my jerseys are always clean. In 2011 I bought me and Nana BF one of those “we made the semis” T’s and told her during the Warriors game that we were gunna both have New Jersey’s for the GF!!! ……then Robbie runs on the last with a minute to go……🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Nana BF passed away the next year and I’m still waiting for that Tigers jersey. But I’m not waiting for a GF, if we make the 8 I’m getting both a we made the semis T and a brand new Tigers jersey, the blackist one.
Still love ya Nana BF.
 
I like the idea that this has come.

It will help him focus in the off-season.

Really looking forward to the debut
Interesting he is getting his debut.
I remember him playing centre outside Oritoni Large in a City v Country game at Jubilee Oval.
Large was getting all the accolades as the next big thing; but eventually defected to Manly.
Now, Makasini is on NRL debut:
Large down the pecking order working on his potential.
And people say we don't foster our home grown products.
IMO, we try. But when parents, managers build up the players image to the point they think they are the BEST, or are being blocked for promotion, or are poached for more money than what is being offered, or all of the above, they choose to defect.
It comes down to who is the best at identifying potential talent, on fair money with all fingers crossed.
Clubs do not have the money to keep them all happy.
 
Whats h
Interesting he is getting his debut.
I remember him playing centre outside Oritoni Large in a City v Country game at Jubilee Oval.
Large was getting all the accolades as the next big thing; but eventually defected to Manly.
Now, Makasini is on NRL debut:
Large down the pecking order working on his potential.
And people say we don't foster our home grown products.
IMO, we try. But when parents, managers build up the players image to the point they think they are the BEST, or are being blocked for promotion, or are poached for more money than what is being offered, or all of the above, they choose to defect.
It comes down to who is the best at identifying potential talent, on fair money with all fingers crossed.
Clubs do not have the money to keep them all happy.
What's happened to large haven't seen his name in any grade for manly for months.
 
Whats h

What's happened to large haven't seen his name in any grade for manly for months.
Interesting..he left WTs because he wanted to play in the Halves(=$$)
Manly have since hired Fogarty.who just happens to be the 7 in the current competition leaders...not exactly a step backwards,and wont lose his spot anytime soon
Then tonite Manly debut Joey Walsh at 6...current captain of junior wallabies
and to compicate matters further,they still have Luke Brooks floating around ,who is rated by Manly fans about same as WTs ..at $750k!!
So Im not seeing how and where Large fits in tbh...hes only 17,but..
Maybe return to sender
Demonstrates why kids shld stick around for a bit as things can change quickly,and if theyre good enuff it will happen
 
Back
Top