Heighno's Dangerous Throw

@benjibrotown said:
Think we might be in trouble only because Luke Lewis was suspended for a similar tackle. Time will tell but we really need him next week.

Didn't Lewis have carryover points?

Also he was made to be a scapegoat for Hayne.

While the technic of lifting isnt questionable, there was no intent, but the manner in which the player landed is surely gona cost Chris 1 week at most…

Yes Lewis had carry over from a similar offence so Heighno should be free to play if charged with a Grade 1

Heighno charged with Grade 1, free to play if he takes the early guilty plea.

Wests Tigers secondrower Heighington has been staking his Origin claim for the past two seasons and h**e'll be available for Friday's clash with the Dragons if he takes the early guilty plea to a dangerous throw charge picked up against Canberra on Sunday.**
>
Heighington has said he'll use his British passport and consider playing for England if he continues to be overlooked for his state.
_http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27299217-5018993,00.html_

@djm619 said:
Heighno charged with Grade 1, free to play if he takes the early guilty plea.

Wests Tigers secondrower Heighington has been staking his Origin claim for the past two seasons and h**e'll be available for Friday's clash with the Dragons if he takes the early guilty plea to a dangerous throw charge picked up against Canberra on Sunday.**
>
Heighington has said he'll use his British passport and consider playing for England if he continues to be overlooked for his state.
_http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27299217-5018993,00.html_

Thats great news for the tigers. We will need heighno to continue on with his good form against the dragons.

If he gives an early guilty plea he'll have 93 points which is enough to allow him to play next week.

Good news. I thought he was destined to miss a week, however I admittedly only saw the tackle live.

Yeah, I'm happy with that. No malice in it but it needs to be punished in some way due to the dangerous position the player got in.

I'd still be inclined to fight the charge, he pulled out of the tackle and Harrison twisted in it to pass the ball and landed very lightly on his forearm and then knee on the replay.

@willow said:
I'd still be inclined to fight the charge, he pulled out of the tackle and Harrison twisted in it to pass the ball and landed very lightly on his forearm and then knee on the replay.

Too risky Willow…

Not many get off the spear, once the player has been put into the dangerous position...

I'd prefer Chris to meet Creagh, Young and Costigan on Friday!

Back