Heigno's performance

anderson_silva

what did you guys make of it today? it seemed he made no metres and was getting driven backwards and sideways all day, and what with his persistance with running into the markers instead of making more metres a bit wider of the ruck?

i dont know if we can persist with his inept performances at the back end of the season ie (last 2 games) if hes not firing by then should he be dropped?

@anderson silva said:
what did you guys make of it today? it seemed he made no metres and was getting driven backwards and sideways all day

He made 112 metres, only skando 114 made more ellis made 92

@JRD said:
@anderson silva said:
what did you guys make of it today? it seemed he made no metres and was getting driven backwards and sideways all day

He made 112 metres, only skando 114 made more ellis made 92

im amazed at that considering he was getting smashed all over the park today, how many runs did he take for those 112 metres?

geez bit early for that his experince and big game experience is enough for me and his heart in defence . Im with you about today i couldnt believe how much he got smashed but only 2nd game back and no warmup games can be a problem big keith is a machine so it doesnt bother him withy no warmup games . RHINO will be right

Inept performace…..Did you watch the game....Heigno was much better this week ran with more venom....18 HU for 112 mtrs..pulled off some good hits forced an error didn't miss a tackle....

Yes he got forced back on occassion they all did.....

Ellis had 14.....

Gee anderson your looking rather foolish,,,,,,,

@Geo. said:
Inept performace…..Did you watch the game....Heigno was much better this week ran with more venom....18 HU for 112 mtrs..pulled off some good hits forced an error didn't miss a tackle....

Ellis had 14.....

Geo, Heighno was crap again and wouldnt be anywhere near my 17, he as nothing. His slow play the balls kill any go forward we have.

@smeghead said:
I dub this thread Owned

how? he is hardly denting the line with his runs and he is getting dominated in tackles, maybe i over stated it with "inept" but he has been like this if not worse for most of the season.

@king sirro said:
@Geo. said:

Ellis had 14.....

Geo, Heighno was crap again and wouldnt be anywhere near my 17, he as nothing. His slow play the balls kill any go forward we have.

![](http://i29.tinypic.com/2885bwo.jpg)

He wasn't that crap…..

When you describe it as inept and he makes those metres I still hold the call of thread ownage.

Pure and simple in our style someone has to take those hitups. He is isolated because nobody ever runs with him or trails him it seems. His team-mates seem to view him as the wrkhorse battering ram that he was forced to be last season.

I am not saying he is in career best form but I think there is far more to it than a simple tag of ineptness and calling for his head

I do not believe he made that many metres off the bench and Ellis played 80 mins and made less ???

C'moooooon !!!!

@smeghead said:
When you describe it as inept and he makes those metres I still hold the call of thread ownage.

Pure and simple in our style someone has to take those hitups. He is isolated because nobody ever runs with him or trails him it seems. His team-mates seem to view him as the wrkhorse battering ram that he was forced to be last season.

I am not saying he is in career best form but I think there is far more to it than a simple tag of ineptness and calling for his head

Smeg, u say someone has to take those hitups and thats true, but when Heighno is off or when he was injured someone was always there to do it were they not? And they did it better.

I think you will find that when the others took those hitups it tended to be props or Galea getting smashed when there were no support runners.

I think there is a mentality within the player group that Heighno will be right. Give him options and don't let the defence zero in on him with gang tackles because he is the only one near the ball.

I am not saying Chris is faultless as I agree his form has been down but I see it as a larger issue for the team and some players seem to have slacked off their workrate the last 2 weeks

@Balmain Bug said:
I do not believe he made that many metres off the bench and Ellis played 80 mins and made less ???

C'moooooon !!!!

That I agree with!

@king sirro said:
@smeghead said:

Smeg, u say someone has to take those hitups and thats true, but when Heighno is off or when he was injured someone was always there to do it were they not? And they did it better.

so true …. and watch the first 20 or so .... was payne or galea on the park doing the hard hit ups ?
rhino will make a combined total of both in defence ... thats one place we really need him .. as for todays stats ... well the stats should silence his critics ....

decent performance, but yeah was very sluggish.
Is he just a slow runner, doesnt seem to hit them with the same oompf as ellis or big red but has good leg drive.

Stats have been updated, Heighno made 88 metres in attack, Ellis made 138\. I thought Heighno was alright today. He did the ugly stuff once again and while he got smashed a couple of times, he went forward more than Galea and Payne and defended well also.

@tiger tigers said:
@king sirro said:
@smeghead said:

so true …. and watch the first 20 or so .... was payne or galea on the park doing the hard hit ups ?
rhino will make a combined total of both in defence ... thats one place we really need him .. as for todays stats ... well the stats should silence his critics ....

Stats dont always tell the story and thats all Heighno has ever been, a stats man.

Back