HIAs

clifferdSH

Considering we had what was it 5 players for hia what's the protocol for players backing up next game, especially those that failed?

Farah looked the worse but was up giggling and cracking jokes in the dressing room but dont they have to pass medicals during the week?

@ said:
Considering we had what was it 5 players for hia what's the protocol for players backing up next game, especially those that failed?

Farah looked the worse but was up giggling and cracking jokes in the dressing room but dont they have to pass medicals during the week?

I think the medical is done over five days. If you still show symptoms during and after the 5th day you sit out the game.

There allegations around Redfern that because Farah could hear a certain swear word by Burgess that he was faking his first knock out - good on you Robbie, we expect nothing less.

@ said:
There allegations around Redfern that because Farah could hear a certain swear word by Burgess that he was faking his first knock out - good on you Robbie, we expect nothing less.

Did you wear your Souths or Wests jersey to the game?

@ said:
@ said:

I think the medical is done over five days. If you still show symptoms during and after the 5th day you sit out the game.

Well that answers that. So if we played on Thursday they'd all have to be rested?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Well that answers that. So if we played on Thursday they'd all have to be rested?

If symptoms were still around after the 5th day yes. But if they go before the fifth day or during the fifth day they are fine to play.

@ said:
@ said:

Did you wear your Souths or Wests jersey to the game?

Listen mate, I was told off by the snooker players at the club for screaming every time Tigers had a good run But seeing you were asking when I did my anti- nuke protest at the GF in '77 my banner had colours of both clubs and so was honoured and then abused by both sets of fans and pelted with full cans of beer. When Farah was knocked out the other day I was almost on my knees praying for his recovery.

And I only own one jersey a Bulldogs one for being in their champion chess team that won all of Sydney and I won all my games that year

I’d be interested to know if there is any infallible proof that wearing headgear reduces the impact of a head clash and negates need for HIA, anyone know?

@ said:
I’d be interested to know if there is any infallible proof that wearing headgear reduces the impact of a head clash and negates need for HIA, anyone know?

There are studies on the matter that conclude that wearing headgear does not decrease the risk of concussion but can reduce cuts and abrasions.

https://bmjopensem.bmj.com/content/3/1/e000255

https://sma.org.au/resources-advice/rugby-league/

There are studies that show headgear can increase the chance of concussion.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/news/11150094/Headguards-in-rugby-would-add-to-the-concussion-problem-not-solve-it-says-doctor.html

So it is pretty much a no to headgear for injury prevention.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

If symptoms were still around after the 5th day yes. But if they go before the fifth day or during the fifth day they are fine to play.

There is no time limit…Chris Lawrence left the field earlier in the year and backed up on a 5 day turnaround..

They are assessed individually...pass play fail out..

If you have consecutive concussions you can be stood down for a week...again depends on the assesment...

@ said:
We need them all this week so they can forget their future health and just play

I think we'd struggle to find one member on this forum that would endorse that, I certainly hope the club wouldn't.

@ said:
@ said:
We need them all this week so they can forget their future health and just play

I think we'd struggle to find one member on this forum that would endorse that, I certainly hope the club wouldn't.

Well said CB players health should always be the primary concern.

I was just joking guys of course player health comes first. There is no way I want to see anyone else go out like Liam did.

Saw this online, what concussed players have to go through during the week. I think they'll be ok

Latest posts

Back