How's Joey?

Damn missed it. I switched off after Hunt scored. Just got sick of the Channel Nine commentary. Crapping on about QLD spirit, gave zero praise to the Blues defence in the 2nd half when the Maroons were peppering away.

Probably got sick of Smith cheering for Qld in the commentary box. Fatty, Smith, Thurston etc carry on about Qld spirit and all that crap but any push back from a NSW aligned person is not on apparently.

Good luck to them, they won, but they do carry on when they loose. Not a Joey fan but he showed a bit of passion.

The statement that is ‘that Queensland’s get origin and they just wanted it more’
That’s the bullshit he is referring to.
When in reality the game was that close that NSW just made a few errors under pressure but certainly didn’t play like they didn’t want it anymore or less then Queensland did.
I doubt that’s what he is referring to as he stated that exact thing at the start of his sulking.
I think it’s more he embodies the NSW arrogance that caused SOO to begin in the first place and it burns a hole in his gut everytime we win a series. He knows a win like that will be spoken about ad nauseum for the next week and then sporadically at functions he attends for the next year, let alone in the build up to the RLWC.
Dont forget, this is the bloke who was once on the coaching staff and told a room full of players, training staff and FOGs that the team needed to “get out there and smash that black c#%t”, referring to Greg Inglis. He has the hate down pat.

Agreed. You could've mistaken him for a QLDer the way he was blowing smoke up their butts.
It’s a commentary tactic he picked up from Phil Gould.
You talk up the underdog and it leaves you in a great position for expert analysis post game.
If the underdog wins (usually QLD), you get to rant and rave about NSW team selection and strategy snaffoos, providing advice on how to fix things for next year, whilst patting yourself on the back for having the foresight to see the upset happening.
If the favourite gets up (usually NSW), you get to wax lyrical about how your side triumphed over such a brave and committed effort from the underdog, usually accepting some sort of credit for the victory.

Gould has been doing it since he finished coaching. Johns started doing it 5 or 6 years back. Very funny….

What bullshit is he referring to anyway. Everyone might be upset today, but they won‘t care in a week. Origin is like Xmas. You wake up a couple days after and it’s like it never happened.
Yes but I still remember not getting my U2 CD all those years ago

Back