I have a question

@prattenpark said:
Maybe you guys should turn the volume down and have a few bundy's. i was happy with the win.

Im glad of the result too

Do you know theres a difference between the end result, and the game and football played in the game ?

Are you happy with the way we played?
I doubt you would be, unless the few bundys youve had were a few 'bottles' and youre blind

How yo get to the eight is irrelevant. it's what you do once they are there. so yeah, i'm happy with tonight's performance. they did the job they had to do ie get the 2 points

Yes we were terrible but its been our defence that has won all our games since the Souths disgrace.

Perhaps we can get our attacking mojo back with a genuine half.

@Defiant said:
Yes we were terrible but its been our defence that has won all our games since the Souths disgrace.

Perhaps we can get our attacking mojo back with a genuine half.

excepting the warriors match. where we had our mojo for 40 minutes in the 2nd half.

frankly, i don't give a rats if we play terribly and win by 1 point each week. we just gotta get to the 8\. there's 9 weeks left and plenty of time to improve. have we actually had the opportunity to field the same team 2 weeks running this year?
Saints and the Dogs played well all season last year but did either of them make the grand final? No. it was the teams who had the run at the end of the season. i'm happy we played poorly but won. what would have happened in every year since 05? we would have lost and finished in 9th, 10th or 11th. We're in third spot people, on 22 points and likely only need to win 3 or 4 more games. I'm happy :wahoo:

Jeez - if this is the Wests Tigers Supporters Forum then it must be really anti-Team over on the Opposition Forum - or maybe the Opposition don't need a Forum? :eek:pen_mouth:

@LARDS said:
@innsaneink said:
watching the game I started to wonder if influenza or illness had gone thru the squad, heighno looked sick, others looked uninterested, slow and lethargic

Same thought went through my head.
McKinnon looked white as a ghost.

Sickness usually sweeps through every team at some stage of the year…Not sure whether the Tigers were crook, but they were very lucky to get away with that one, the defence at least showed they wanted to win but the execution and completion has been under par this season and it needs to improve.

You can blame Sheens mate for us not having fielded the same side two weeks in a row…his selections are half the problem.

A wins a win yeah your right and its games like this that will see us make the 8.

However I feel its about time we started getting a bit of structure about the way we play this game. The best sides in the comp are two levels above us at the moment and we have to play quite a few of them yet. I dont want our glorious return to the finals to be a 40 point flogging resulting in us gettin the boot in week 1

@Cat&Fiddle said:
Jeez - if this is the Wests Tigers Supporters Forum then it must be really anti-Team over on the Opposition Forum - or maybe the Opposition don't need a Forum? :eek:pen_mouth:

:laughing: You will get used to it…...

@stryker said:
You can blame Sheens mate for us not having fielded the same side two weeks in a row…his selections are half the problem.

rubbish. it's been because of injury.

@prattenpark said:
@stryker said:

Injury has played its part for sure but I'm gonna call rubbish on your claim that it is the sole reason for the way we are playing.
Lui was the original halfback due to sheens' crazieness, his injury strengthened the side when Moltz went to 7.
Motlzens' injury cost us but for christs sake that was months ago. We have had ample time to blood one of the state cup boys and get them up to speed.
Instead coach has fitted and farted around with the side every week playing everyone else in the position.
It's round 18 next weekend and we still dont have a halfback or anyone even resembling one in the side.
Coaches bright idea to fix this is to weaken three positions ( center, 5/8 and half ), to cover until Lui, who probably isnt the answer either, gets back.
Rubbish indeed.

@prattenpark said:
@stryker said:

Injury didn't make Lazarus playing on the wing, fullback and halfback in one game (on his debut at that).

He should have just let him play half and see how he goes, now his confidence is probably shattered.

and the reason Lazarus was there in the first place? injury to other players.

"Injury has played its part for sure but I'm gonna call rubbish on your claim that it is the sole reason for the way we are playing."
I made no such claim.

@prattenpark said:
and the reason Lazarus was there in the first place? injury to other players.

"Injury has played its part for sure but I'm gonna call rubbish on your claim that it is the sole reason for the way we are playing."
I made no such claim.

Yeah but injury can't be helped, replacing a halfback with a halfback can.

Sheens might not be able to pick who gets injured, but he sure as hell can pick their replacement.

I felt like I normally do after a loss last night. I can handle the guys having an off day but they just played without any enthusiasm. The Broncos out enthused them in every department. Our forwards went AWOL getting out of our red zone most of the night.

@djm619 said:
now his confidence is probably shattered.

What makes you say this?
Lazarus has gone back to State Cup and STILL consistently torn oppositions to shreds since his 1st grade stint. Not the sign of shattered confidence, but a sign of kid with determination to play at the top level.

Everyone talking about our defence winning us that game but what did Brisbane throw at us?
The 2 times they ran straight and threatened our line 1st Teo scores 2nd Teo was over but drops the ball.

wtf is with this forum, we would of never won that game before
the coachings staff effort this year in moving us away from the "attacking" flair of football and more into a team that can grind out a win..

we got in the grind tonight, when we were down @ 70 minutes we didn't panic and we ended up with the result.

Sure we weren't flashy, and maybe not as enthusiastic as we could of been.I for one our proud for them keeping there composure and winning the game.

Back