I wonder.......

alexaki

What the Tigers would be like if Bellamy decided to take up the caoching role in 2003 when it was offered to him?? :question: :question:

We are no doubt the club with the best image on and off the field….If that coach Bellamy decided to join us would we be in the same position that Melbourne now find themselves.????....don't kid yourselves....I for one am glad he didn't join the Tigers!...at the end of the day his coaching record was built using an illegal team!...so what good its it and how good is he really?....the NSW SOO results speak for themselves!!. He should give back his coach of the year trophies! and join the AFL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I really don't rate him as coach….he has always had by far the best team coaching at Melbourne and has been very unsuccessful in origin

I hate his win at any cost attitude. He introduced the Grapple Tackle into the game. Along with all this wrestling garbage. He's supposed to be a legendary control freak and disciplinarian, yet his team are cheats on and off the field and he reckons he has had nothing to do with any of it.

@TIGERS said:
I hate his win at any cost attitude. He introduced the Grapple Tackle into the game. Along with all this wrestling garbage. He's supposed to be a legendary control freak and disciplinarian, yet his team are cheats on and off the field and he reckons he has had nothing to do with any of it.

The Grapple started at the Broncos. It was the brain-child of Mark 'Chopper' Burgess. Mark was an ex-cop who bought many restricting holds into the ruck…

We would see a different side than we now have - the nucleus would be the same but Bellamy brings younger guys through earlier and has a knack of re-establishing careers of good first graders who have gone off the boil - rarely will he go with crocks in the hope of a miracle cure

@diedpretty said:
We would see a different side than we now have - the nucleus would be the same but Bellamy brings younger guys through earlier and has a knack of re-establishing careers of good first graders who have gone off the boil - rarely will he go with crocks in the hope of a miracle cure

how early should sheens be giving kids a go.
farah,gibbs,benji,lawrence,lui,fulton,fifita,dwyer,ayshford,galloway,rhino,mataka,moltzen, and so on were hardly over the hill when introduced to first grade.i think all of them were 21 or younger when they made their debut for wests tigers along with a host of others.

as for bellamy,i wanted him to come to the tigers and was happy we got sheens when we were rejected.
when sheens came here we couldn't spend our full cap and we won a premiership from scratch in 2 years.
personally i think it is up there with the greatest coaching efforts of all time.
to offset that we have been mediocre since.
not sure what bellamy would of done since our grand final win.
but it sure is easy to be able to start a year average when you are short in the halves and then simply go get one in finch and march your way to the finals.
seriously,how good do you really need to be when you can just go out and play fantasy league.

i haven't bothered to watch origin for the last decade.
when farah was picked last year i decided to watch game 1 and see if i could get the passion back for origin.
well after seeing farah passing inside balls all game i was done,and came away thinking bellamy was not the coach i thought he was.
i can't respect a coach who uses the skills of farah to just inside balls all game.

i hate everything about the storm and what they represent.
and bellamy is up to his neck in what has been going on.

how does a great coach with a team over the salary cap lose a grand final 40-0
how does a great coach keep losing origin every year.

with a stacked deck he has got results and without he has achieved nothing.

I never said he was a great coach - i much prefer Sheens - i just believe Bellamy has a different mindset on putting a squad together - and if you look at the NSW squad this mindset is totally out of whack.

@diedpretty said:
I never said he was a great coach - i much prefer Sheens - i just believe Bellamy has a different mindset on putting a squad together - and if you look at the NSW squad this mindset is totally out of whack.

i never said you did.

but you have suggested bellamy introduces players earlier than sheens.
i don't see how your statement can be correct when i think of all the players sheens has brought through first grade,including the likes of brandy and prince.

if you aren't getting a go in first grade,there is a chance there is a good reason for it.

As I've said all along …. better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

I'll take Tim Sheens over the likes of Bellamy and Stuart any day. The latter two have the potential to wreck a club as has been proven.

Bon I have been thinking the same thing for a while. People say Sheens doesnt give the young guys a go but when they are good he clearly does. At the Tigers he has introduced a lot of players earlier than many expected - Lawrence, Lui, Marshall, Ayshford, Fifita, Gibbs etc. The list is quite endless. When Sheens thinks they are ready he tends to blood them regardless of age and reputation.

Cam Smith is the coach at Melbourne. He basically comes up with the gameplan and gives them all their structure. He is the man.

I think bellamy would have been eaten alive by this club.
This place needed an experienced coach to come in and not only sort out the on field performance of the team but also get things in order in the front office as well.
Since the day that sheens was hired the Wests Tigers have come leaps and bounds to the shambles we were both on and off the field.

Without Sheens we wouldn't have signed some of the players that we have brought to the club. In the club's history two of the most important players that sheens brought to the club were marshall and prince, both of whom without we would not have the fond memories of 2005 to share.

Bellamy has been found wanting as SOO coach and it shows the true nature of him as a coach, without his star studded line up and his behind close door deals with players, he is just an angry man that likes to yell and swear in the coaches box when things don't go his way.

Members online

Back