If Taylor goes what then!

@Pawsandclaws said:
But weren't we just a golden point off finishing 11th rather than 15th. :laughing:

..and there are some on here who think 10th next year will be a good result.

@stevetiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
Time to get over the Sheens era style. It failed more often than it succeeded.

It was terrible wasn't it. We won the comp and made the finals a couple of times.

Yep, and missed the finals 6 times. 7 if you want to include 03 which I will concede as a rebuilding yr.

@stevetiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

It was terrible wasn't it. We won the comp and made the finals a couple of times.

And missed the finals 7 times. Choked in 2011 as well…

Sheens might have got us the bikkies first up, but the next 7-8 years of his tenure was largely calamitous.

@Pawsandclaws said:
But weren't we just a golden point off finishing 11th rather than 15th. :laughing:

By your logic we were a dozen games away from a win if Robbie only hadn't listened to Taylor. Just as ridiculous an assertion.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@stevetiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

Sheens might have got us the bikkies first up, but the next 7-8 years of his tenure was largely calamitous.

We've looked a lot better this year haven't we ? Then again maybe not.

@stevetiger said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
@stevetiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

We've looked a lot better this year haven't we ? Then again maybe not.

No different to 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012 then… If you really want to get amongst it add 2000, 2001, 2002, 2013 & 2014 as well. We finished 13th in 2003 in Sheens first year. Did you want him hooked back then? Did you think he was some sort of maligned genius back then? Guess what, Potter did the same thing.

Taylor has inherited a turd. Do I think he will take us to a premiership? No, I don't. Do I think he should be given an opportunity to do it with his own team? Hell yes I do. He can only be judged on 100% control. Potter was never given this, but Sheens was. They owe this to Taylor.

@Pawsandclaws said:

x

Or close to equal last…..oops, sorry , We were Equal last.
Only way is up.....in most cases :laughing:

@stevetiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

The quote he said was it failed more then it succeeded.

Which is indeed true.

3 finals in 10 years wasnt outstanding.

Hindsight now tells us it wasnt terrible either.

Sheens had the chance to implement a culture of defense and strength in the club…. For whatever reason though.... Benji... He played to his strength and we took on an attacking culture with defense secondary
Unfortunately it's a soft culture... One that doesn't augur well for rolling up the sleeves and doing the hard yards.
It still remains s today

@Cultured Bogan said:
Taylor has inherited a turd. Do I think he will take us to a premiership? No, I don't. Do I think he should be given an opportunity to do it with his own team? Hell yes I do. He can only be judged on 100% control. Potter was never given this, but Sheens was. They owe this to Taylor.

I think we've gone backwards considerably and Taylor is a massive concern. Still I think he should be given some more time as well. I'm more concerned though they have given the wrong guy the job.

I don't want to hear spin next year. I want to see a team that appears well coached and playing smart footy which includes attacking.

@stevetiger said:
@Cultured Bogan said:

I think we've gone backwards considerably and Taylor is a massive concern. Still I think he should be given some more time as well. I'm more concerned though they have given the wrong guy the job.

I don't want to hear spin next year. I want to see a team that appears well coached and playing smart footy which includes attacking.

Hard to disagree with anything you've said Steve.

They did go backwards under JT compared to Potter, but we're still in the middle of a transitionary period where we're cleaning out our cap. Again, Potter was never afforded that, but JT must be given the opportunity to build his team.

Giving JT his three years extends past thinking that JT is right for the job. In allowing him to do things his way, the club shows that they are professional enough to stick by the choices they've made, as we can't just keep axing coaches. If this continues, in addition to struggling to attract top tier talent we'll struggle to attract top tier coaches when they know this place wields the axe when instant success is not delivered. Reactionary administration looks to be a thing of the past at this club which is a promising sign.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@stevetiger said:
@Cultured Bogan said:

They did go backwards under JT compared to Potter, but we're still in the middle of a transitionary period where we're cleaning out our cap. Again, Potter was never afforded that, but JT must be given the opportunity to build his team.

Giving JT his three years extends past thinking that JT is right for the job. In allowing him to do things his way, the club shows that they are professional enough to stick by the choices they've made, as we can't just keep axing coaches. If this continues, in addition to struggling to attract top tier talent we'll struggle to attract top tier coaches when they know this place wields the axe when instant success is not delivered. Reactionary administration looks to be a thing of the past at this club which is a promising sign.

Its a tough situation isn't it. I really hope that Taylor has been getting given some coaching on how to perform in front of the media and that he has been told that we need to perform. Then I figure its up to him.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@stevetiger said:
@Cultured Bogan said:

Build his team to carry out the abominal attacking structures he put in place? Itll do more harm than good. Shackling the natural attacking instincts of players like Moses and Brooks is suicide. He can build the team but really he has to have a good hard look at his structures and what he is doing to the team. If he continues on his merry way, we can say goodbye to any hope of keeping top talent or signing top line players.

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.4_

Sacking three coaches in four or five years doesn't bode well for attracting top tier coaches either, which is another key factor in premiership success.

Give him the year, see what happens. If things don't improve, hope the club built kpi's in his contract.

There is nobody that cannot learn from their mistakes. People who do succeed are those who learn from their mistakes and Taylor is no different. I am tipping a much different style of coaching from him in 2016 and a much more successful season for WT.

@Newtown said:
There is nobody that cannot learn from their mistakes. People who do succeed are those who learn from their mistakes and Taylor is no different. I am tipping a much different style of coaching from him in 2016 and a much more successful season for WT.

I certainly hope so that is where Sheens went so wrong he never changed his style relying on small mobile packs.

@jadtiger said:
@Newtown said:

I certainly hope so that is where Sheens went so wrong he never changed his style relying on small mobile packs.

A couple of those forwards that we have just imported will stiffen us up big time in the middle…. :sign:

@Newtown said:

Lets hope so. I have some confidence for next year.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back