Injured Raider

steven_tiger

Tom Learoyd Lahrs gone for a month.

Shillington could be in some doubt, and Tounge may not play either.
\
\
\

**Learoyd-Lahrs to miss four weeks after sustaining injury to 'good knee'**
>
NSW back-rower Tom Learoyd-Lahrs faces up to a month on the sidelines after straining medial ligament damage in his left knee during the Raiders' 13-point loss to Penrith last night.
>
But Raiders captain Alan Tongue, is confident he will play against the Wests Tigers at Canberra Stadium, despite suffering rib cartilage damage.
>
Learoyd-Lahrs limped from the field late in the first half of the controversial CUA stadium clash, adding injury to insult for the Raiders.
>
But after initially fearing he had seriously injured his "good knee", a relieved Learoyd-Lahrs was just happy he wouldn't require surgery.
>
"Obviously it's not good to be missing football at all, but it's probably the best case scenario given the impact on it when I hurt it," Learoyd-Lahrs said.
>
"It's not a bad injury, four weeks isn't too bad.
>
"I'm just glad I made the decision to get off the field when I did. They said if I stayed out there I might have done more damage."
>
Learoyd-Lahrs has endured a wretched run of injury throughout his six-year NRL career, including several serious operations on his right knee.
>
Up until last night he had enjoyed an injury-free season, which resulted in his State of Origin debut on Wednesday.
>
Tongue also left the field in the first half, after injuring his ribs. But he returned after having a painkilling injection. He was confident he would be able to back up against the Tigers.
>
The Raiders' Queensland prop David Shillington was a late withdrawal form last night's game, after suffering a chest injury on Wednesday. But fullback Josh Dugan made a shock appearance just a week after injuring his knee against Newcastle.
>
*Canberra Times

I'm glad he's out. He a big unit who was in good form for the Raiders, so one less monster in their forward pack is a good thing. Winning in the village won't come easy for the Tigers next Sunday.

Now that Ellis has been moved over to the left side of the field, I'm most looking forward to him lining up against Taps.

Will help us if he is out. read in leauge mags we might be intersted in Nigel plum from raiders

no thanks to nigel plum. would rather sign 1 star and bank on our rookies than continue to pick up fringe first graders…

TLL out - obviously
Shillington is unlikely to play
Tounge , well, the Raiders fan don't want him to play… reckon he's been going like a busted, and needs a rest.

They loose alot of go forward without TLL and they'll miss his offload…

As for Tounge... hit him hard in the ribs and remind him why he shouldn't be playing haha

@Rare Tiger said:
@tiger jim said:
Will help us if he is out. read in leauge mags we might be intersted in Nigel plum from raiders

Rather Hyland than Plum.

Woul dlove to see hyland given a go..the boy is class. Leading the NYC Tackling stats my miles

@citizen cub said:
if this is the case, we should definitely win then…..but have we got farah? :confused:

Yes we do have farah for this game. He has been given the all clear to play.

So is Tongue playing or not?
I hope wests-tigers do not think its will be an easy game, with some of the big raiders not playing..
do not under estimate the replacement players.

Back