Injuries

One thing that annoys me, is that if this was the equivalent injury toll from the Roosters there would be a sob story every week, and talk of how brave they are for continuing on.

Our injuries hardly get a mention. Some like Blore and Stefano have been forgotten about completely by the media. I know they’re “unproven” but they make a huge difference in our side.

TWAL GOT CLOSE IN SAINTS GAME

SHORT BALL OFF HASTINGS FOR HIS MEAT PIE THIS WEEK

Luciano Leilua has been killing it this season. Smashing out high quality 80 minutes just about every week. Put a good centre next to him and he will wreak havoc. Went off injured in the last game. Hope he is okay.

View attachment 934
He's gone great. Shame his fitness and defence last year was just abit below. Still think he's worth 600k and not the 700k the Cowboys paid but they way he's going I could of lived with paying abit more now

Nofoaluma R11
Laurie R12-14
Doueihi R14
Roberts R14-15
Talau R20-25
Looking foeward to talaus return

Nofo returns nezt week against dogs which is huge and douehi, jet and laurie could all return when we verse the scum

Looking at Turbo trying to return from his MCL and struggling. I don’t think Daine can rush back. I remember Benji doing a similar injury and not being the same for the rest of the year.

Looking at Turbo trying to return from his MCL and struggling. I don’t think Daine can rush back. I remember Benji doing a similar injury and not being the same for the rest of the year.
Bring him back after the bye in R14

One thing that annoys me, is that if this was the equivalent injury toll from the Roosters there would be a sob story every week, and talk of how brave they are for continuing on.

Our injuries hardly get a mention. Some like Blore and Stefano have been forgotten about completely by the media. I know they’re “unproven” but they make a huge difference in our side.
Too right, that's what happened last year. Half a dozen key injuries and the cupboard starts to get very bare for the Roosters, as it would anyone else, and what I saw was a team on the decline, though they did scrap well, they were not close to competing with the top sides.

And the media wanted to talk about how valorous it all was, even though other sides had similar injury tolls and were similarly doing their utmost to compete. But what I saw was the clear closing of a premiership window, where those couple of experienced elites were gone, and the next in line were just not good enough.

And it's still going on into this year - Roosters still on the decline, now starting to get beaten on a semi-regular basis by middle-ranked sides. A couple of the replacements aren't working out, some of the experience players out of form.

rosters flogged by 40,1/2 their so called supporters will go back 2 watching the rah rah ,if they can view it anywhere

Injuries aren’t all luck. When you are slower, younger, less skilful, less experienced, you make errors. You get into poor position and you get hurt. Our problems have always and still originate from poor recruiting and poor retention. Pascoe should have walked when Tedesco left, absolutely unacceptable the mob who have put this roster together. They are so far behind and getting worse.

Back