Is it me?

IronTiger

or is the lack of discussion about last nights game and Jarryd "isn't he wonderful" Hayne on here a measure that you are all better at controlling your hatred of him than me or you generally think he is indeed wonderful and i'm a loser who is just in denial?

For the record i just can't believe the praise for someone or a team who now decide to turn up 4 months after everyone else without any sense of irony. :unamused:

What really f##ks me off more than anything else is the attitude that it is now a better comp and we should all bow down and take notice now that Parra have decided to join in… :brick:

im still not sold on parra and that second half shows why…hayne has hit a nice patch of form....but the next 4 weeks will show where parra is truly at... they come up against 4 top 8 teams in a row i think....they have only beaten 2 of the 3 worst teams in the comp....the penrith win was good but i think that said more about the panthers then it did parra

I'm with you Iron Tiger…

... and I can't stand this 'Hayne Train' thing that the Media has decided to latch onto. They even started using the term the Idris 'express' last night.

What's next, 'all-stops' Marshall?

completly agree with you on hayne. he played about 10 good games by the end of last year in his whole career that make you say wow he is good and the last two weeks this year so thats about 12 games that he has made a real impact on the competition. yet everyone thinks he is a legend. wat about the first four months and years where he did absolutly nothing. as for parra how stupid are they not to realise that he is as incosistent as the weather in melbourne. the bookies will be loving this though because all the believers will put money on parra thinking that they will win the premiership when it is highly unlikely

God's Aeroplane gives me the irrits…

Tore the Dooogggiiieeesss to shreads though...

Gives hope though shoot down the plane and stop Fui you stop Parra....

You could swear that he is covered in thorns the way some players try to tackle him. That first try he scored last night, Ennis made an awful attempt on him and made Hayne look like he created a miracle.

Awesome player though, and you can't that that away from him.

But he does irk me…big time!

@Bazzinator said:
completly agree with you on hayne. he played about 10 good games by the end of last year in his whole career that make you say wow he is good and the last two weeks this year so thats about 12 games that he has made a real impact on the competition. yet everyone thinks he is a legend. wat about the first four months and years where he did absolutly nothing. as for parra how stupid are they not to realise that he is as incosistent as the weather in melbourne. the bookies will be loving this though because all the believers will put money on parra thinking that they will win the premiership when it is highly unlikely

Untrue man, he is a great player….not consistantly, but he is nonetheless......and he has done it at stages in years past + at Origin level quite a few times.

Is it me or are their a lot more parra fans around after a couple of wins. The Parramatta Eels home of the biggest bandwagon fans in the world!!

@sleet52 said:
Is it me or are their a lot more parra fans around after a couple of wins. The Parramatta Eels home of the biggest bandwagon fans in the world!!

It's not you matey….it's a bonafide fact :sunglasses:

His first half was right up there with the best halves of football played by an individual. Anybody saying any different is blinded by their dislike of the guy.

@hammertime said:
… and I can't stand this 'Hayne Train' thing that the Media has decided to latch onto. They even started using the term the Idris 'express' last night.

I'm with you on that. And calling Idris 'The biggest human being in the world' is stupid, he might be tall and have man boobs but he isn't that big.

@Geo. said:
Tore the Dooogggiiieeesss to shreads though…

Their defence was shocking, and the fact that they were scared to touch Hayne didn't help them :laughing:

@Centaur said:
That first try he scored last night, Ennis made an awful attempt on him and made Hayne look like he created a miracle.

How good was it? Ennis also had a hand in another Eels try, I love watching him play :wink:

@sleet52 said:

After their second half, I don't see it going too far this year. (Now that I have said that, they will probably win the comp :unamused: )

@innsaneink said:
Appreciate his talent, he does posess a lot of it.

I agree. I only watched the game friday night to see Hayne. When he's on fire theres no better player to watch

He's a rare talent.

I enjoyed every minute of him tearing the Dog apart. Being a loyal supporter of one club doesn't mean you shouldn't appreciate an amazing talent playing for another club.

There's a lot to like about Hayne, not the least being his loyalty to the game. Apparently AFL made him an offer he couldn't refuse, and he refused.

While he is a good player, I can't stand him. He appears so arrogant (and is if you believe reports) and only plays well when he feels like it. Has done nothing all year apart from a couple of games, was crap in origin and has a sook when the coach says he didn't play well. The hype around him is unbelieveable. He's a huge blouse and I can't wait for him to get smacked.

@Geo. said:
God's Aeroplane gives me the irrits…

Me too it looks ridiculous. Looks like one of those stupid soccer players who kick a goal and act like they've just cured cancer.

@Marshall_magic said:
His first half was right up there with the best halves of football played by an individual. Anybody saying any different is blinded by their dislike of the guy.

Agree 100% , he single handedly tore the Dogs apart and i can't remember one player being so dominant, he was unstoppable. Benji also has the ability to do the same thing but it seems he is always waiting for an opportunity instead of gritting his teeth and just taking the defense on.

Some games he is average or goes missing, but when he is on fire look out.

Members online

Back