Isaiah Papali’i #265

Tigers have let players move on to secure him
Tigers didn’t chase other who may have signed with us but now are no longer available .
Tigers offer was very good and above Parra offer , he signed they low balled him why would you want to tay with them , first team out of finals again this year , take my tip
Don't know if we can pull that card unfortunately? They were players we either couldn't keep or didn't want.

Reactions: BZN
Yea like it was alright for us to break Madges contract and telling him he's finished, but when the shoe is on the other foot people blow up.

He doesn't want to be a tiger otherwise he would have committed

Yeah, and we walked away from that without penalty didn't we?

Oh wait a minute, we had to pay him out for termination of contract.

Need to make a stand, have to show a bit of dedication to the cause to fix it and force the NRL's hand and embarrass them into doing something.

People like Dennis Tutty made sacrifices that ended up in changes that needed to happen.

That was at a time when the media didn't have the kind of saturation like it does today and funnily enough he ended up coming back and playing for Balmain some time later.
I admire your courage, but we only just finished a battle with the NRL and they belted us to a pulp. After they admitted getting it wrong we had to renege on our threat to play it out in court. Does anyone think its a good idea to transfer all our profit to an ever increasing legal team? Wont they suck us dry?

Brad Fittler saying "he SHOULD honor it" not he MUST AS HE HAS NO ALTERNATIVE.
Imo Fittler and others know if a player changes his mind they are 99% certain to get out of their contract.

I reckon the reason IP has come out and said what he has is because he is a decent bloke and is giving WT plenty of notice to organise a replacement as he wont be here.

If WT were a strong club we could demand he honor his contract, then if he wants to kick stones we could have him mowing the lawns for 3 years and it wouldn't have as much effect as it would on a WT as We are now ie desperate for players as good as We can get who genuinely want to do their very best for Us.
We need all our players out on the field giving their best.
I want IP to play for WT in 2023 and beyond as much as anyone and will be really pissed as much as anyone if he doesnt come here.
Contract problems wont change until the NRL introduce one that is watertight.
They can't say he has to because he doesn't have to honour it. However there are consequences for not honouring it and hopefully the club is making him fully aware of those consequences privately.

A big part of signing for a club is the coach and staff you'll be playing under.

I don't totally blame the bloke, I'd be annoyed too if I took up a new job only to learn the joint had been turned upside down before I arrived.

No doubt this has been ticking along ever since Madge was shown the door. This was always the risk of moving him on when he'd started signing players for next season.

I don't understand the whole "let him rot in reserves" argument. You instantly waste your salary cap and make your first grade side less competitive. We've been a basketcase of a club in recent years from similar moves (Reynolds, Packer, McQueen) etc. It's time we move on from this.

A big part of signing for a club is the coach and staff you'll be playing under.

I don't totally blame the bloke, I'd be annoyed too if I took up a new job only to learn the joint had been turned upside down before I arrived.

No doubt this has been ticking along ever since Madge was shown the door. This was always the risk of moving him on when he'd started signing players for next season.

I don't understand the whole "let him rot in reserves" argument. You instantly waste your salary cap and make your first grade side less competitive. We've been a basketcase of a club in recent years from similar moves (Reynolds, Packer, McQueen) etc. It's time we move on from this.
He's using the Madge sacking as an excuse.

And if IP backflips or is allowed to backflip we just gotta hope the bloke from Penrith doesn't get it in his head to do the same, which could be a very strong possibility imo.
There'd be rioting in the streets of Balmain if this was allowed to eventuate ;) :ROFLMAO:.

If Papalii is allowed to backflip then it would not be difficult to imagine our one other signing doing same . I've already said they can't and are legally contracted but with zero new signings announced its obvious that concord is just not a desirable destination . I'm like a few of us hoping that Tims rapport within the Nrl community will turn that around and we will start hearing of a few new exciting signings or a lot in the pipeline
If that's the case fine but if there's no takers in the pipeline then the tigers need to consider drastic action and quantum shifts

This is different. He’s not even here yet. Sets a horrible precedent for any future signing at a struggling club. Tigers need to play the strong game.

If Parramatta haven't come back with the same or better money - There's no problem.

Understand your thoughts but I disagree..
No one forced him to sign a contract and at that stage he signed it was a big pay increase.. He had to of known that Madge was on the cutting block (It was on the news every day) and no guarantee he would be here and he still signed. Could of easily add a coaches clause but he didn't.
IMO this is all brought about from the Eels as he said earlier in the near he was looking forward to coming here and bringing us back to where we belong. Than all of a sudden the Eels lose like 4 top line players and realise they need him so in crease offer and get into his ear.. Sorry if he was not good enough for the pay increase back then then bad luck..
How are clubs like us going to get better by just giving in ????
So your happy with us signing a few top line players every year and then give them the year to find a better deal while we sit back with our finger crossed..

Even the players union have advised him to honour his contract so he has 3 options..
1 - Come and once you arrive I'm sure you will fit right in and enjoy your time on a team on the rise.
2 - Come over and not put an effort in = Other clubs will take notice of your character and you will miss rep teams and potential higher pay down the track..
3 - Don't play at all for 3 years and get a normal job like everyone else.

Pretty Simple and I am 100% behind Tigers making a stance unlike the past..

If they really dont want to be here do you think they will do anything else but kick stones in Reserve Grade?
But the ironic thing is Matterson wanted to leave because he did not like Maguire. What is he saying to Papalli now - 'Yeh, you're right. You signed to play for Madge, not someone else.' Total BS - it's all about the money. Parramatta now have the money to pay him what we offered. I don't care who wins the comp this year, as long as it isn't Parramatta.

If Wests Tigers make him sit out 3 years his value will decline rapidly.
I'd be playing hardball or the circus will just continue.
There was once a man who said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" by all accounts he was a pretty smart bloke.
That is the Wests Tigers catch cry, we are one a hell of a slow learner

If Papalii is allowed to backflip then it would not be difficult to imagine our one other signing doing same . I've already said they can't and are legally contracted but with zero new signings announced its obvious that concord is just not a desirable destination . I'm like a few of us hoping that Tims rapport within the Nrl community will turn that around and we will start hearing of a few new exciting signings or a lot in the pipeline
If that's the case fine but if there's no takers in the pipeline then the tigers need to consider drastic action and quantum shifts
Mate you just need to remain calm , all will work out in time

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Back